Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
MattNewberry

Can I still get the free upgrade to WIndows 7 that Lenovo offered when I purchased?

I purchased in July 2010 (so my warranty ran out in July 2011) and had to get Windows XP Pro because we were running an application that would not yet run Windows 7.  They have finally worked it out, and I'm ready to move to 7 - can I still get this from Lenovo?  Was it by any chance loaded on this machine (SL410 - 2842-GCU) for me to upgrade?  Thanks for any advice.

Matt

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 149
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 120

Re: Can I still get the free upgrade to WIndows 7 that Lenovo offered when I purchased?

I tried to find the system specs from the model number you gave,there seems to be a typo error. You can check here if yours came with Win7 and order it from lenovo for a nominal fee

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/default.page?

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,254
Solutions: 1,343

Re: Can I still get the free upgrade to WIndows 7 that Lenovo offered when I purchased?

do you have the windows 7 sticker on the bottom of the laptop?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Broadband 3G
JDay

You're probably out of luck, you should have sent in for it when it was first offered. They just mail you out an upgrade disc and a key code, nothing forcing you to install it right away.

billbolton
Topics: 69
Kudos: 205
Solutions: 105

JDay wrote:

They just mail you out an upgrade disc and a key code

That's a completely different program for upgarding eligible pre-Win 7 release systems without Win 7 CoAs. 

The OP is asking about Win 7 for a ThinkPad that was purchased after Win 7 was released and has a WIn 7 CoA.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo