Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
astefani

Doubts on upgrade

Hi,
Firstly, apologies for my english. I'm brazilian and my first language is portuguese.

Well, i have a notebook G460 that is running Windows 7 Home Basic. If I upgrade to Windows 7 Professional, it still under warranty? And if I install another memory? (now it have 1X2gb, and I wanna install another with the same size)

Thanks.

topmahof
Topics: 36
Kudos: 337
Solutions: 227

Re: Doubts on upgrade

Hi astefani and welcome to the community,

You wouldn't be voiding the warranty by upgrading your OS.  The easy way would be to do it this way.  That way, you would keep all your programs and files that you might have added.  Everything would stay the same except you would have the upgraded version of Windows 7.

You can upgrade your ram the way you want to.  

You should burn a set of restore discs and save a full backup on external media.  Just in case something happens to your hard drive or should Windows act up in some way. 

Dave

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!