Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCSI Port
cntse2008
Accepted Solution

Easy cam & Windows 7

I've installed the Windows 7 RTM on my Y730 and installed the drivers for my camera, but when I try to install the software to use the cam I get a pop-up that states "Lenovo EasyCapture can only be installed in Lenovo computers."

I've installed Veriface with no problems so I was surprised when i got this error message.  Any ideas?

Token Ring
pcrayz

Re: Easy cam & Windows 7

Right click the install file and select Properties then select the Compatability Tab Check the box nex to Run this program in compatability mode for: From the pull down select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) then click Apply and OK and try running the install again.
SCSI Port
cntse2008

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the /facepalm to myself...dunno why I didn't try that right away

Thanks again :smileyhappy:

edit: just used easycapture to record a video of myself in an attempt to break into my own laptop with it.  And it worked.  The live detection prevented a photo from being used but veriface accepted the video.  Just a heads up for anyone using it.

I realize the likelihood of someone getting a video of you that would allow access through your veriface is pretty slim; but I've also been informed that, using the "ripple" effect from photoshop, one could produce an animated gif that would simulate a suitable video.  Also, my result and method may be unique, using a video being played on a matte finish laptop screen.

Fanfold Paper
weekstooshort

If someone looks enough like you, they'll also pass. My little bro is only 12, and I'm almost 6 years older, but he still got past with his face 5 times out of 5. After that, I just uninstalled veriface.

What's DOS?
thinhCN

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have installed window 7 Ultimate. My laptop is Y430. And now it don't find webcam. May can you help me ?

Thank a lot.

Thinh

Token Ring
pcrayz

Step 1: Download and install the Lenovo Easy camera driver for your version of windows here:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=11

Step 2 : Download the Easy Capture SOFTWARE from that same driver site above.

Step 3: Refer to my above SOLUTION post so you know how to install the Easy Capture software.

What's DOS?
thinhCN

Hi pcrayz, 

Thank you to reply me. But, when i install Easy Camera Driver, i get this message: "Vimicro Driver Installation Tool - Status: Device not found! " And " Device not found! - Please pulgin device and install again". I can not install it. Please help me !

Thank a lot.

Punch Card
Ishbar

I downloaded the software for the Easy Cam...and I ran it in computability mode (Im 64 BIT) BUT my camera is upside down, WTF?

Token Ring
pcrayz

[ Edited ]

thinhCN wrote:

Hi pcrayz, 

Thank you to reply me. But, when i install Easy Camera Driver, i get this message: "Vimicro Driver Installation Tool - Status: Device not found! " And " Device not found! - Please pulgin device and install again". I can not install it. Please help me !

Thank a lot.

Hmm, maybe you need to turn on the camera via FN + ESC. Then try installing the driver.

Token Ring
pcrayz

[ Edited ]

Ishbar wrote:

I downloaded the software for the Easy Cam...and I ran it in computability mode (Im 64 BIT) BUT my camera is upside down, WTF?

That's wierd, its probably some setting you missed. Worse case is that your camera was installed upside down but I doubt that.