Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
briargrove

Re: Easy cam & Windows 7

I installed Windows 7 and now my Lenovo Easy Cam shoots upside down.  So I installed the camera driver for Windows 7 per your instructions and get a warning message...

No Matched Device Driver.

I couldn't  find the Eaxy Capture software. What do I do now?

Thanks.

Paper Tape
briargrove

I am having the same problem.  I have not been able to find a solution to the upside down camera situation yet.  Has anyone solved this problem.  Would you give me a step by step? 

Thanks.

Punch Card
johncmagee

[ Edited ]

Don’t get me wrong I love my Lenovo G-530 but it isn’t all that powerful for games and such so it serves me well for business the windows 7 works well however all of the lenovo specific software is hit and miss mostly miss I have been trying for weeks to get things back to normal but have finally given up and removed all of the lenovo programs and software after trial and error the camera is not working as well as the one button thing but life is much easier just excepting this and moving on the machine operates better with out all the useless software from lenovo anyways

We actually had a product test here at our home this year we updated 3 machines which were purchased at the end of 2009 a top of the line HP laptop the Lenovo G530 and a side of a dirt road Toshiba Satellite and guess what the Toshiba won at every step of the upgrade this laptop out preformed in customer service ease of win 7 upgrade and continues to out perform both the HP and the Lenovo products which is absolutely hilarious since the HP and Lenovo cost about twice as much as the Toshiba  

Paper Tape
briargrove

Well, the only thing I don't want to give up is the camera.  Do you have any suggestions?

Punch Card
johncmagee

No I wish that I did have a solution for you but none I’m not too sure why this has been a major problem with Lenovo all I can think of is that maybe there were a few computers that were going to be discontinued so they just didn’t bother to or can not upgrade the manufacturer specific software to work with the older computers and windows 7 but what is truly sad is why did they market these machines as upgradeable in the first place?

Maybe there will be an update in a few months or so

Paper Tape
briargrove

Thanks.

Punch Card
johncmagee

[ Edited ]

I hope that they can come up with a solution have you checked with Microsoft directly?

They may have a fix I just never bothered with mine because the camera is of really poor quality anyways and I didn’t even know it had one

IBM & Lenovo have a good reputation and durable products I will buy  a higher end think pad next year I like the durability of the hardware and am rather certain that they will eventually have a driver fix for us

John

Paper Tape
briargrove

Yes, I was on the phone for hours with Microsoft and they couldn't fix it.  Then they conferenced me in to Lenovo and they wouldn't talk to me because I was out of warranty but when I mentioned that this was a know problem with Lenovo and Windows 7, she put us on hold and came back and told us there would be a new driver in February but nothing yet.  I got an error message today that said that :

Source
Easycapture
Summary
Easycapture has known compatibility issues
Date
?1/?24/?2010 1:30 PM
Status
Solution available
Description
Easycapture is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, contact Lenovo.
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: ApphelpSoftBlock
Problem Signature 01: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111}
Problem Signature 02: {dadf9951-60b0-4765-a231-736607260a00}
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 610936971

SourceEasycapture
SummaryEasycapture has known compatibility issues
Date?1/?24/?2010 1:30 PM
StatusSolution available
DescriptionEasycapture is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, contact Lenovo.
Problem signatureProblem Event Name: ApphelpSoftBlockProblem Signature 01: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111}Problem Signature 02: {dadf9951-60b0-4765-a231-736607260a00}OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3Locale ID: 1033
Extra information about the problemBucket ID: 610936971

So I guess I'll just buy an external webcam and be done with it.

Thanks.

Punch Card
johncmagee

Lots of hours spent on my end trying to get it all back to normal sometimes it’s just not worth all the stress I did pay about 675.00 for my lap top the only reason why I had to buy the G550 in July 09 was because the hinge broke on my old Compaq  I really wanted to wait and not bother with the win upgrade from Vista

What's DOS?
maryarlene

hi, same problem encountered with my g460 lenovo laptop and im using win7... using the lenovo easy camera from the desktop  i can easily capture video at save it as  *.avi.. but not on taking pictures.. i am techie but im having the a hard time trying to catch up where i can take pictures, coz i cant even find it anywhere from the possible options...

can anyone solve this problem.. thnx in advance..:smileysad: