Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
nlitell

Full Backup of PC Running Virtual Windows XP Under 64-bit Windows 7 Pro on a T410

I have a QuadCore (Intel i7) T410 with a 320GB HDD running 64-bit W7Pro.  Under that environment I am running a separate Virtual Windows XP system.  The T410 hardware and Virtual PC system allows me to see the primary C: drive of the T410 from either the W7 or XP environment, and the Virtual PC implementation is essentially based on the existence of 3 very large disk files on the primary drive which contain the entire Virtual PC image.

I want to back up my HDD in such a way that I can use the restore function to re-install both the W7 system image and all of its programs and files, and the Virtual PC system image as well.  What is the best way to do this.?? 

(PS -- ignore the old system config associated with my profile -- I will update as soon as I finish this post...)

T410 2522-K4U QuadCore Intel i7 Processor 8GB RAM 320GB SATA HDD
64-bit Windows7 Pro, with Windows Virtual XP (as included under W7 license)

D-Link 655 Wireless Network WEP encryption MAC Filtering
-- Both 802.11b and g adapters on various network components
tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Full Backup of PC Running Virtual Windows XP Under 64-bit Windows 7 Pro on a T410

Hi

'

Lenovo backup utility will not backup virtual Operating System, you may need to look for some third party software.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!