Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
mitchell2345

Re: G 530 - Adjust Brightness Problem?..

Yes this does suck.  Makes it really hard to use my laptop in brightly light areas.

From looking at google it appears brighness control is a overall issue with Win7 as mult. manufactures have issues.

~Mitchell

Punch Card
roteiro

Re: Brightness control?

I'm on a T400 with switchable graphics. Brightness can be changed when I'm on the integrated GPU. When i switch to the ATI brightness settings from the intel are maintained but can't be changed until i switch back to the integrated GPU

Fanfold Paper
mitchell2345

How do i switch?  I know i installed the utility to.  Is it something thru power manager?

erik

brightness controls didn't work on my X61s until i installed the video driver, system interface driver, and hotkey utility.   has everyone here installed the correct video driver?   you will likely need to get it via windows update.

this is the least untruthful answer i can give.Microsoft MVP

Fanfold Paper
mitchell2345

I initially got the update from them but have since installed the version that was on the beta site.  I never tested brightness before putting the lenovo one on.  How would i go back to the MS version?

Fanfold Paper
craiggerz

erik wrote:

brightness controls didn't work on my X61s until i installed the video driver, system interface driver, and hotkey utility.   has everyone here installed the correct video driver?   you will likely need to get it via windows update.

Yes.

It also didn't work with Windows Vista 64-bit and I was unable to get a solution then.

erik

mitchell2345 wrote:

I initially got the update from them but have since installed the version that was on the beta site.  I never tested brightness before putting the lenovo one on.  How would i go back to the MS version?

uninstall it, reboot, then search windows update when it tries to reinstall.

erik

craiggerz wrote:

Yes.

It also didn't work with Windows Vista 64-bit and I was unable to get a solution then.

assuming you have a G530, have you tried the drivers available on the driver matrix below?

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=10

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 275

All,

I understand there is going to be some transition period from RTM to official Win7 release installs and official Lenovo drivers and Bios.

Lenovo support efforts will be focused on supporting Windows 7 installed as a factory preload or from a Microsoft Win 7 upgrade CD and the use of Lenovo drivers obtained from either bundled CD / DVD or downloaded from our support site or installed via TVSU.

After configuring your systems to these supported parameters, if these issues with hot key brightness controls continue, we can try to recreate and work them as normal issues.

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Fanfold Paper
mitchell2345

I am running RTM with all the drivers loaded via Lenovo's site.  (t500)  So you saying I am not running a supported configureation since Win7 was not preintsalled?

My T500 is on the supported list of Win7 computers so I dont see why this makes a differance.

~Mitchell