Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
gizsin

Re: G530 4446-A11 Win7 Brightness Adjustment -Unsolved Problem-

This is a way what is I know. But it's not pratic, we want a real solve.

What's DOS?
ibid01

I had similar problem with windows 7 x64 on T4446 , I could not adjust brightness for a few month. . But fortunately today  I found Intel had its own Graphics Media Accelarator Driver for windows 7 that does the trick, no hotkey though.   Here is the link to intel's driver:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19132&lang=eng

cheers.

Paper Tape
wboolvic

Re: G 530 - Adjust Brightness Problem?..

[ Edited ]

I have a G530 Type 4446 which had a dodgy version of Vista because a techy at my daughters school loaded Business over Home Premium ... no!!  After trawling the Lenovo site I was convinced that the machine would take W7.  Alas I got the hotkey problem whereby the Fn F10 and Fn F11 keys were non-functional.  Rang Lenovo tech support and was told a number of stories, all pointing to the view that the machine was designed for Vista.  I trawled some more and came across this: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70994

As a very helpful Lenovo techy had already tried all of the possible energy management drivers I decided to give it a go.  I was a little reluctant to play with the BIOS but I kept it on mains power, closed all other programs and ran the app.

Presto!  Brightness hotkeys now work.  As for the sleep and network hotkeys - well, I can live without them.

Pleased to be of help to all you other G530-4446 W7 users.  Let me know if it works for you.

Paper Tape
wboolvic

[ Edited ]

Addendum to above post:

W7 32-bit

Have just tried the link in above post and it is dead!  You need to update the BIOS from v 1.09 to v 1.10.  It is somewhere on the Lenovo site.  The file is called  6get19ww.exe

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 77
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 125

[ Edited ]

gizsin wrote:

This is a way what is I know. But it's not pratic, we want a real solve.

Hi gizsin,

If your G530 is Type 4446, you may want to use this bios 6get19ww.exe at support page.

For your reference: G530 4446 screen resolution is not the native 1280x800 - fix released

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Fanfold Paper
craiggerz

How has there not been a fix for older machines g530 machines? This is insane, good luck trying to get me to buy another lenovo laptop.