Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
onissan
Accepted Solution

How to download windows 7?

Hey guys.

I have the Lenovo Ideapad Z570.

And I have a legal windows 7 home premium OA 64-bit on it.

(i have the serial key in the back of the computer)

now, I want to format my computer and install the windows again.

BUT I don't have the CD. (I didn't receive a CD)

so I want to download the windows 7 from the internet, and then insert my serial number.

But I heard its not that easy.

Can I get some help doing it please?

Some links or explanations will be great!

Thanks

Nissan

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: How to download windows 7?

Google this: "legal windows 7 download notebook review".  Maybe that will help.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Fanfold Paper
onissan

thanks man

how can i know if i have an OEM activation

or maybe my windows is activated normally?

thanks again

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

[ Edited ]

If I understand the question, OEM activation is what happens when the Windows installation is from Lenovo media (for example).  It isn't required to activate Windows manually since the install media is "pre-activated" and keyed to the machine type.

If you install from MS media - per that download you've found - you will have to activate "manually".  IIRC the procedure is to insall without entering the key.  Once Windows is running, open the activation procedure and do so by phone.

There is also a software tool that can capture the existing OEM activation and restore it to the new installation.  I don't have a link, but there are mentions of it here on the Lenovo forums.  Search is failing me, but hopefully someone will chime in with a link or the name of the utility.

[edit] Google "abr windows 7"

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Community Moderator
richk

You should be able to press the key to the right of the power key and restore from the recovery partition without downloading anything
Blue Screen Again
megatanker454

Don't download from piratbay.org because you will get a lot of viruses so buy a new cd
Fanfold Paper
mmaranlou

I just read your request, seems you found got the solution. I have the same problem and I've installed a non-genuine windows, lots of problems!

I also prefer to download home edition version and use the key on the back of laptop.(same model-z570)

thank you so much