Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
childs
Accepted Solution

Is OneKey Recovery disks same as creating Win 7 installation disk for the laptop?

Hi, I am using lenovo G470. My laptop came with Win 7 installed, but without installation CD.

I would like to know if creating recovery disks using OneKey Recovery (using factory settings, requires 3 DVDs) is equivalent to creating Win 7 installation disks for my laptop?

My target is to have some disks that I can use to reformat or install the laptop in case if the OS crashed or seriously infected by viruses (or just in case that I've seriously messed up my laptop OS)

Thanks

Retired Guru
Duck3

Re: Is OneKey Recovery disks same as creating Win 7 installation disk for the laptop?

[ Edited ]

Yes.
OKR creates disks that restore your computer
to Original (Factory) condition, just as it was when new.

Mainly used to recover from a crashed hard drive.

(Edit: When installing a new hard drive)

OKR button is what you can use for serious problems
to restore to Factory state, or a backup you have created.

Also Windows has built in System Restore for more minor issues.
Plus, you can create a System Image in Windows
Backup and Restore center.

Many ways to protect your computer!

Paper Tape
childs

Re: Is OneKey Recovery disks same as creating Win 7 installation disk for the laptop?

Meanwhile, I heard that OKR disk will not be able to reinstall Win 7 if I changed my hardisk. Is this true? If so, how do I create a Win 7 installation disk that is able to reinstall Win 7 when i upgrade to new hdd?
Retired Guru
Duck3

No, not true.

The disks are for that purpose.
If you install a new hard drive, you can restore with the disks.

The OKR feature that uses the recovery partition already
installed on your hard drive may not work if you change
hard drive Partitions.
Paper Tape
childs

Noted. Thanks!
Paper Tape
kevinsparks

Hello,

Was told to do a win repair install?  is this the same thing you all are talking about?

Thanks,

Kevin

What's DOS?
dropit

will it just restore to factory settings and loose all of the files/downloaded software and leave me with a blank laptop with just delivery software.

thanks