Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
ole2112

Re: Lenovo 3000 N100 windows 7 sound driver

Hi

have the same problem with the cam inside, everything works , but this ***cam  not!

What Driver did you use----help

What's DOS?
pedroluis

Re: driver Re: Lenovo 3000 N100 windows 7 sound driver

muchas gracias,

Me funcionó perfectamente.
What's DOS?
sekharg9

i tried but not working ...
Fanfold Paper
talljohn

Hello Sekharg!

it was hard work but it worked finally ...

Thanks to

1. Raneesh's detailed description how to delete this system files ... in 3 locations!

2. Albenza's exact description of the driver location .. point device manager to "c:\drivers\Realtek audio driver [TR] for [xp]"  go no further! don't choose the vista folder!

Did you go through this procedure???

Johannes

What's DOS?
Jalk

I find it outrageous that so many people have this problem, and not ONE lenovo technician has posted an official solution.

None of the above worked on my laptop, and even if something could work I don't want to mess my device up by doing experiments.

I DEMAND from lenovo to post an executable file tha fixes the problem of Lenovo 3000 N100!

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 140
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

Jalk wrote:

I find it outrageous that so many people have this problem, and not ONE lenovo technician has posted an official solution.

None of the above worked on my laptop, and even if something could work I don't want to mess my device up by doing experiments.

I DEMAND from lenovo to post an executable file tha fixes the problem of Lenovo 3000 N100!

Check out this link, there are only a couple of systems which are compatabile with Windows 7 (Which were launched prior to October 22nd 2009) 

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/in/en/htmls/1256358540190.html

Your model was released in 2006. Thats is probably the reason why you are not able to find the drivers. 

Does that help? 

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
What's DOS?
Jalk

It really helps... Now at least I know it's meaningless and I can stop trying.

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
jobi-berlin

Hi, seems you give up? At the beginning of this thread I tended to give up - but then a solution occur...

Once again: the Lenovo 3000 N100 were sold with two types of Sound system:

- SoundMAX (all models except 0689-Exx, Fxx, Gxx and 0768-Exx, Fxx, Gxx)
- Realtek Audio (models 0689-Exx, Fxx, Gxx and 0768-Exx, Fxx, Gxx).

First you might try to find out what type you are using.

In my case, the 3000 N100 has Realtek sound but at the beginning of this discussion, only the solution for SoundMAX was explained, but this didn't work for Realtek version.

Later, thanks to GenOli and ludovicrl,
I have tried the SoundMAX driver on my Realtek system and apparently this driver works!

So here are the steps I have performed:

- uninstall HD Audio in device manager

- reboot

- let W7 install Sound automatically

- go to device manager Audio "update the driver"

- point to the driver package downloaded from here: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-66525

- point to the SoundMAX driver even using Realtek version of 3000 N100

- it has installed SoundMAX Integral Digital HD Audio 5.10.1.4130

If my step by step instruction is still not clear, you might use this instruction:

http://erhanabay.com/2009/11/10/lenovo-3000-n100-audio-driver-problem-on-windows-7/

But I have used the combined driver package mentioned above which include:

- SoundMAX Audio Driver Version 5.10.01.4130
- Realtek Audio Driver Version 5.10.0.5464

Good luck!

What's DOS?
phasikan

hie i had a similar issue but i had upgraded from windows xp to windows 7, i figured out that when upgrading to a newr softer the there is a old windows file kept on the c drive sometimes its called old windows or just windows that is where all the drives and softwares used previously are kept.
so on ur windows 7 on the sound tab got to properties instead of allowing the computer to find it for u just go to c drive and look for old windows folder i mentioned earlier and look for the drviers folder and click on the sound drivers and install it and should work perfaclly fine
What's DOS?
alkisnaim

Enabling Lenovo N100 SoundMax audio in Windows 7

I recently installed Windows 7 (RTM) in my Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop. The installation went well and everything seemed perfect until I discovered that there was no audio. I checked the Device Manager and found no errors related to audio and others. My techie instinct tells me I needed to manually install the driver. Since no driver was available for Windows 7 from the Lenovo support website, I took the risk of dowloading the Windows Vista driver instead. After the download, I immediately installed the said driver but to no avail. Instead, Windows 7 loads its own high definition audio driver even when I uninstalled it and rebooted the machine. I searched the Internet for hours hoping I'd find a solution to the problem but become frustrated even more. Out of desperation, I did the following procedure to eventually solve the problem.

1. Using Windows Explorer, open the C:\windows\system32\drivers folder.
   2. Select and right-click HdAudio.sys then select Properties from context menu.
   3. In the Properties applet, click the Security tab.
   4. In the Security tab, click Advanced then click the Owner tab thereafter.
   5. In the Owner tab, you should see your username listed, click Edit.
   6. You should see your username listed again. Select it and click OK.
   7. Click OK when a message box appears.
   8. Click OK again and click Edit.
   9. Click Add and click Advanced then click Find Now.
 10. Select your username and click OK and another OK.
       Notice that your username is selected.
 11. Tick the Full control checkbox and click OK.
 12. Click Yes when prompted and click OK.
 13. Delete HdAudio.sys and do the same for the other copies located in the following folders:
      * C:\Windows\LastGood\system32\drivers
      * C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\hdaudio.inf_x86_neutral_9781e9d72e255b2e
      * C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_hdaudio.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_15368bf2c8c39eac
 14. Download the driver from Lenovo support for vista
 15. When the download is completed, extract the SoundMax Vista driver by double-clicking it.
      By default, it will be extracted on C:\Drivers\WIN\Audio.
 16. Open the C:\Drivers\WIN\Audio\i386\Vista folder.
 17. Copy ADIHdAud.inf and ADIHdAud.sys to the following:
      * ADIHdAud.inf to C:\Windows\inf
      * ADIHdAud.sys to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\
      just click Continue when you encounter an access denied dialog box.
 18. Launch the Device Manager and expand Sound, video and game controllers then uninstall High Definition Audio Device.
 19. Reboot your computer.
 20. After the reboot, launch the Device Manager and double-click Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus under Other Devices.
 21. Click the Driver tab.
 22. In the Driver tab, click Update Driver and select Browse my computer for driver software then select Let me pick a list of device drivers on my computer.
 23. Scroll down then select Sound, video and game controllers and click Next.
 24. From the list of compatible drivers, select SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio and click Next.  
 25. Click Close and another close then reboot your computer.

That's it. Hopefully, this works for you.