Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Gryshchenko

Lenovo 3000 N200 Windows 7 drivers problem

Hi, i got the privilege ti use Windows 7 Professional, not RC, the real Windows from MSDNA.

Everything works fine. But sometime when i start my laptop i have a problem with the graphic card. I used the driver witch Windows installed from Online-Driver-Search. It made problems. When i start windows, it is like no drivers there for the graphic card.

When i restart windows, everything works fine. When i shut down my laptop, and turn it on the next morning there is the problem again. I restart windows, and everything works fine.

ok, i thought the problem is in the driver from the internet. So i installed the old Nvidia driver from the Lenovo Support-Driver Download page.

Everything worked fine, but after 6 weeks the problem came back, but now when i do a cold start there is no graphic card drivers and touchpad drivers. I have the new driver from synpatic page.

When i restart windows the graphic card is back and also the touch pad is back.

Have you got a suggestion or a solution for me?

i tried everything, reinstalled the drivers (it helped 6 weeks ago), installed old drivers, installed new drivers.

The first problem came as i installed my new Razer Mouse DiamondBack 3G. But after reinstalling the drivers everything worked fine.

But now, i don't know what's wrong.

i also plugged everything from the laptop, and the problem comes back.

i know Windows 7 starts 22.10.2009, but are there new drivers for Windows 7 already online?

Don't change a runing system!
Blue Screen Again
magieweb

Re: Lenovo 3000 N200 Windows 7 drivers probleme

I've Got exactly the same problem with my 3000 N200 and Windows 7 ultimate! (All of my drivers are the latest!)

aya
What's DOS?
aya

Re: Lenovo 3000 n200 Windows 7 drivers problem

I've Got exactly the same problem with my 3000 N200 and Windows 7

Paper Tape
x_kappa

Re: Lenovo 3000 n200 Windows 7 drivers problem

I instaled Win7 x64 Enterprise few days ago on Lenovo 3000 N200 (0796) and everything was ok with default drivers for two days. I installed latest drivers (for audio, intel chipset, card reader etc.). Now I have the same problem as discussed in this thread - after first start (from shut down) i have problem with touchpad (not working), but after restart of Windows everything works fine.

In event viewer (system) I can find that in first start there were many warnings like this:

EVENT ID: 219

Source: Kernel-PnP

Task category 212

"The driver \Driver\mouseclass failed to load for device Root\RDP_MOU\0000"

Other warnings were similar, but for other devices (kbdclass, rdpbus, RasSstp, etc.). After restart (Windows) in second startup there's no similar warnings - everything works ok.

BIOS on my machine is 2.03 and I wanted to update but Winplash is not working on x64 version of Windows (why there's no support for x64?), so in few day I'll have make PE BootCD with Win x32 (so much work...). But I don't believe this problem will be solved with newer BIOS.

Please help!

Fanfold Paper
mr02280

Re: Lenovo 3000 N200 Windows 7 drivers problem

hey, i saw your post while i was looking for solution for my problem. A had this messages in my event viewer also. So, what was issuing all this problems. Additional services that comes along with some installed sooftware packages. So i went to msconfig : services, check "hide all microsoft services", and turn off all remaining services.Restart and there were no warning messages at all....

Paper Tape
x_kappa

I did what you suggested - didnt helped, I got same problem.

I flashed new BIOS. I completly did new instalation of Win7 x64. I used embeded drivers (from Windows default instalation and Windows update aplication). Only devices that has no driver and not installed are card reader devices:

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_38B17AA&REV_01

and

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_38C17AA&REV_0A

On some forums you can find suggestions to manualy install replacement driver for this card reader. I tried it, and after installation card reader works but after reboot I immediately had problems with other devices that I mentioned before.

I decided to do fresh install of Win7 x64 and leave this device as is, without driver (I didn't install any driver for card reader) and N200 worked fine for a month, no problems whatsoever.

But, yesterday my wife inserted SD card in card reader abd N200 freezed. Hard reboot and since - I'm experiencing exactly the same problems as before - on some reboots in Windows 7 touchpad is not working, event log errors ets. SD card reader device drivers is not installed and sys restore didnt helped. Strange....

Retired Guru
Duck3

[ Edited ]

x_kappa

Don't know if it will help, but here is a link for Win 7 beta driver for Ricoh card reader.

May or may not work for x64. I have used it for x32.

Edit: Original linked to page GONE. Removed link.

Paper Tape
x_kappa

thank you for your reply, i tried that before - didnt worked

meanwhile i noticed some interesting pattern for touchpad when rebooting

1. soft (win) reboot -> windows booted -> touchpad working

2. soft (win) reboot -> windows booted -> touchpad not working

3. soft (win) reboot -> windows booted -> touchpad working

4. soft (win) reboot -> windows booted -> touchpad not working

5. repeat from 1.

I repeated it around 30 times, pattern for touchpad problem (not working) is always the same - every second reboot touchpad is not working and there are kernel-pnp errors in system log

amazing!

What's DOS?
omartn

I've Got exactly the same problem with my 3000 N200 and Windows 7 , any one help us plzzz
Paper Tape
x_kappa

so it is known problem with win7 on all Lenovo 3000 N200 machines

in our company, we have few of these machines - all has same problem in Win7

the only one that could help us is Lenovo tech support by updating their support with Win7 x32 & x64 drivers, maybe bios, but Lenovo suport decides not to do so and keeps silent

this machine is great and works fine with Windows Vista x64, so it could shurely work perfect with Windows 7 x64, but Lenovo so far decided not to support and update bios and drivers for Win7, not even tried to provide fix for this problem

i can understand that one could have performance problems with newer OSes by using generic drivers but this is not an issue here

this is a shame for Lenovo that newer most popular OS in the world after a year of release doesnt work correctly on this machine

great policy Lenovo - keep silent and ignore your customers, try speed up more EOL on your products

i'll wait for a month or two and i'll occasionaly check this forum for any good news

as i have Win7 license - to use it i'm now forced to buy new machine or get back XP or slower Vista to N200

i certanly will not go back to XP or Vista and i certanly will not anymore buy or recomend Lenovo machines as perspecitve and supported to anyone i know, if Lenovo do not offer soon any solution for N200 & Win7