Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Wraithmist

Re: Lenovo Announces Windows 7 upgrade program

Hope this is not too far off topic, but I do wonder exactly what value-add all those users migrating to W7 are expecting to get?  Is there anything there you actually need that isn't present in what you already got?

Is the demand for W7 just because Vista  was/is such a shambles?

My W700 was "down"graded to XP Pro from Vista by the Lenovo Business Partner who sold it to me, and XP is where it will stay for its lifetime.  No hassle about upgrades there.  Shalln't consider a new OS until I consider a new machine, probably about 3 years down the road.  Not one of nature's early adopters, me.

And for the Corporate users looking in...my company,, headcount > 10,000, Microsoft accredited partner...still standardising on XP on the corporate desktops.  That can't last forever, I suppose, but the main benefit we had from Vista was the pleasure of knowing that we were staying well clear of it. 

W700 2758-74G: XP Pro+SP3 32-bit -> Win 7 Pro+SP1 64-bit
Punch Card
kkdeep

Finally the proof of purchase i sent is validated after six weeks of waiting. Feels good.  I am hopeful that i will get my upgrade now.

--

Kuldeep

Punch Card
Calabrache

Lenovo Announces Windows 7 upgrade program

Hello Very simple question : - for a user with a T61p using Vista U, does Lenovo gives the possibility to purchase an upgrade to Win7 ? - If yes where can we order it ? - is it an upgrade, meaning all other programs except the OS does not have to be reinstalled ? Regards
Fanfold Paper
paultoan

$23 for shipping to Vietnam :smileysad:

HDMI
markgrif

With a careful reading of the page here:

http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/windows7/program_details_%20pc_less.html

you can see that with SOME machines there will be at least one extra disk from Lenovo. It doesn't say what will be on it or what the format will be.

It seems that Lenovo is trying to be as helpful as it can while having to stay within the limits of its' contract with Microsoft.

On another subject, has anyone seen the $17.03 charge on their credit card yet? I haven't. I actually, for the first time in my life, will be happy to see it!

Fanfold Paper
macpherson

[ Edited ]

kkdeep wrote:

Finally the proof of purchase i sent is validated after six weeks of waiting. Feels good.  I am hopeful that i will get my upgrade now.

--

Kuldeep

Hi, how did you know your proof of purchase is validated? I sent to them about 2 month ago, but no reply from them.

Punch Card
tranle

macpherson wrote:

Hi, how did you know your proof of purchase is validated? I sent to them about 2 month ago, but no reply from them.

I am in the same situation and would like to know the status of my order.
I have tried to re-submit a few days but the system rejected right away saying that my serial number has already been submited. But I don't know if they never received my proof of purchase (I sent it in by email) or the proof of purchase was not correct or my order is just in the queue.

So my question to the people that just received their confirmation, how did you sent in your proof of purchase and to what address ?

Fanfold Paper
macpherson

tranle wrote:

macpherson wrote:

I am in the same situation and would like to know the status of my order.
I have tried to re-submit a few days but the system rejected right away saying that my serial number has already been submited. But I don't know if they never received my proof of purchase (I sent it in by email) or the proof of purchase was not correct or my order is just in the queue.

So my question to the people that just received their confirmation, how did you sent in your proof of purchase and to what address ?

I also use email to send those proof.

Greps Everything
ConnectDon

Calabrache wrote:
Hello Very simple question : - for a user with a T61p using Vista U, does Lenovo gives the possibility to purchase an upgrade to Win7 ?

Unfortunately, no.  Free license upgrades are available to those who qualify, but paid license upgrades must be obtained through other channels (e.g. retail).  If the price difference is not too great, you might give some thought to purchasing the full version instead of the upgrade version.  Some day you might want to clean install Windows 7 without first restoring Windows Vista.

Don

Punch Card
kkdeep

macpherson wrote:

I got an email from Lenovo

"We are pleased to inform that your Proof of Purchase has been successfully validated and your order(s) will now be processed"

Kuldeep