Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
howrobden

Lenovo Enhanced USB Port Replicator and Windows 7

The Lenovo Enhanced USB Port Replicator does not work with Windows 7 beta.  The drivers need updating.  Please fix.
community supermod
erik

Re: Lenovo Enhanced USB Port Replicator and Windows 7

windows 7 is a beta OS and is not officially supported by lenovo yet.   it will take time before drivers are updated.   drivers will be ready by the time windows 7 reaches RTM (release to manufacturing) status but we are a long way away from that.

unfortunately this is one of the downsides of using a beta OS.

thanks for understanding.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Serial Port
Gkinghrn

It will be good to get this fix from lenovo but in the interim the port works fine other than for the Display attachment..Just do not load the drivers for it and plug your display into the laptop directly..bit of a pain but otherwise it works fine.
Lenovo X200 Tablet / 350Gb HDD / 4GB RAM / Windows 7
Serial Port
Gkinghrn

Display Link have Win 7 beta drivers here : http://www.displaylink.com/support/windows7.html

Note the comment that you should NOT use the DisplayLink tray icon to configure the screen display but rather use the Win7 built in one as the tray icon does not do anything..it is ineffective

Lenovo X200 Tablet / 350Gb HDD / 4GB RAM / Windows 7
Fanfold Paper
FuzzyRev

Thanks so much to all of you - I finally got my port replicator working in Windows 7 x64 thanks to your links.

FuzzyRev

Religion is for folks afraid of going to hell; spirituality is for those of us who have already been there.
Paper Tape
amostalmor

Hi, Now since windows 7 is officially supplied with Lenovo, when will the right driver for the  Lenovo Enhanced USB Port Replicator and Windows 7  be ready to use?

Tku

What's DOS?
hdlarkin

I'd like to know when the Windows 7 driver is available also. I found out the hard way not to install the drivers on the instalation disk  that shipped with the USB port replicator. They blue-screened my T410 running Windows 7 pro 64-bit. Fortunately I had a back up that was just a couple hours old to restore the system, but I am very reluctant to plug the replicator in again. Needless to say I am dismayed that Lenovo would ship such a combination.

What's DOS?
hdlarkin

A new driver appears to be available at this link:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-73088

I haven't tried to install it yet; I am goign to wait until I have time to do a complete backup first.

What's DOS?
hdlarkin

Having downloaded the firmware update dated Feb 25 2010, the driver for the video and ethernet still are missing. But at least it doesn't crash my system. I'm afraid this port replicator is going back.