Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
amstepanov

Re: Lenovo Win 7 Enhanced Experience

Hi ,

I've found the site http://www.thinkpadrecoverycds.com/

Win 7EE sales there, for any Thinkpad notebook. For less price:smileyhappy:

Is it an official trader? It has not any links from IBM/Lenovo sites.

Is somebody tried to buy from them?

BR

Punch Card
campus56

lenovo xp pro and enhanced experience

hi,

i  purchased my lenovo x201 thinkpad with  an xp pro [sp3]  downgrade installed. it also was supplied with a set of windows 7 disks, which i have not yet installed. no xp pro recovery disks were supplied.

currently, my boot-up times [on restart and from shut-down] are slower than my previous, older [pre-win7] ibm laptop with xppro, sp3 installed.

do i need the "enhanced experience" feature, and how do i obtain it from lenovo for xp pro and win 7?

thanks, in advance, for  your advice.

Serial Port
shiva7663

Under Windows 7, how does RapidDrive technology interact with defragmenting software? Is RapidDrive smart enough to let defrag deal with just the hard drive and leavel the SSD alone?

Ctrl-Alt-Del
jaxkodex

I belive on that Enhenced Experience that you talk about... but there is a single problem, I upgraded to windows seven, and obiouslly got not the EE,... Is there any way to get it with out getting a new lenovo laptop?

Broadband 3G
JDay

shiva7663 wrote:

Under Windows 7, how does RapidDrive technology interact with defragmenting software? Is RapidDrive smart enough to let defrag deal with just the hard drive and leavel the SSD alone?

Windows 7 detects if you have an SSD and automatically adjust the system to account for it. I.E. Windows 7 automatically disables the scheduled defragmentation for any SSDs that are in your system.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2009/05/05/support-and-q-a-for-solid-state-drives-and.aspx

Will disk defragmentation be disabled by default on SSDs?

Yes. The automatic scheduling of defragmentation will exclude partitions on devices that declare themselves as SSDs. Additionally, if the system disk has random read performance characteristics above the threshold of 8 MB/sec, then it too will be excluded. The threshold was determined by internal analysis.

The random read threshold test was added to the final product to address the fact that few SSDs on the market today properly identify themselves as SSDs. 8 MB/sec is a relatively conservative rate. While none of our tested HDDs could approach 8 MB/sec, all of our tested SSDs exceeded that threshold. SSD performance ranged between 11 MB/sec and 130 MB/sec. Of the 182 HDDs tested, only 6 configurations managed to exceed 2 MB/sec on our random read test. The other 176 ranged between 0.8 MB/sec and 1.6 MB/sec.

Broadband 3G
JDay

jaxkodex wrote:

I belive on that Enhenced Experience that you talk about... but there is a single problem, I upgraded to windows seven, and obiouslly got not the EE,... Is there any way to get it with out getting a new lenovo laptop?

If you install all the official drivers and updated from Lenovo you will have 90% or more of the EE stuff, it is mostly tweaks to the drivers.