Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
UberSteve

Re: Lenovo Win 7 Enhanced Experience

[ Edited ]

Anyone know if EE includes an update for exisiting T400s owners to the UEFI based "Instant Boot" BIOS?

I see the T400s is EFI capable: http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/645/2.033/

Punch Card
cichlid

For those here who had the same questions as me regarding the enhanced experience check here for Mark's response.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Lenovo-Enhanced-Experience/m-p/165019#M5890

Punch Card
strikefreedom

so im hoping we can download win7ee updates soon?

Punch Card
Calabrache

Am I right to reckon that a user running a T61p with vista ultimate, can forget upgrading (even with a fee) to Win7 ee from Lenovo ? If this is correct, what are the options left ?

- purchase from MS store a Win7 upgrade ?

Thanks for the information

Best regards

Paper Tape
tsintegrator

I will be looking forward to  the  enhanced experience, because I think Lenovo left most of their costumer in the dark ages when it comes to dirvers for 2 of thier most know system the N100 and N200.

I have always recommened Lenovo to my clients and the one that I have upgrade so far I have to figure my own way with the audio driver becuase thier will be no sound coming from the system after the update from vista. all user that have Asus product did have and issue upgrading their system.

Paper Tape
johnp0126

Is there a way to find out what notebooks are capable of the Phoenix Bios Fast boot PC3 initiative?  Is is simply a bios update or are only newer models using that bios?  That seems to be a big part of the fast boot into Win 7.  Other things a user can do is to turn off most if not all startup programs as most are not needed which really speeds up boot times.  I am interested to see an EE machine so that I can see if there are any other services that are delay started which also will help post bios boot.  I think those of us with pre WIn 7 machines are very excited to do what we can to speed things up.

The software I use to cut out programs easily from startup is Whatsrunning from www.whatsrunning.net  the part that shows processes for me doesn't work under win 7, but the startup tab is great.  unlike msconfig it just permanently sets the programs to not start (until an update is installed).  Its also good in finding trojans / other issues because it can track a startup item to its service and directory installed.  A very nice utility.

I have a W700 quadcore 4gb ram, 320gb 7200 rpm hard disk.  I have boot AFTER the starting windows screen down to 36 seconds.  The only control I have over the bios part is to wait for additional, hopefully helpful bios updates.  I have the win 7 bios installed but it still goes through a long boot up for bios including the RAID controller info.

Anyone have other tricks as to how to speed up win7 without the benefit of a lenovo build?  We will soon have new pcs from lenovo with EE but anyone with info would be helpful.

Punch Card
Calabrache

Dear Mark it is disappointing from Lenovo to drop their existing customer base with "old models" by not offering them the ability to migrate (against fees) to Win7. "We" are left to our own devices and some nice features, like the recovery partition functionality disappear when you upgrade an oem installed lenovo pc to win7 "non oem" version purchase on the market since lenovo does not support upgrading old pc.
Lenovo Staff
Perfguy

Hi guys, we will not be releasing an UEFI BIOS for T400s anytime soon.  The Phoenix FastBoot demo you may have seen on youtube was prototype work and not ready for public release (yet). 

That said, stay tuned... we are working on a new demo using this technology and may have some announcements at that time.

I am glad people are excited by it, believe me I can't wait to have it on my system.  

Punch Card
aniketp

Why the heck do you people have to lie to us like this.  The tow people giving the interview were great actors, master inventor my X%$G.  Why am I still not able to get onto the network with my windows 7,  Besides taking me aobut two days to get Windows 7 installed, I'm still not able to install the drivers for my Broadcom Ethernet.  Invact the instructions you have given have been wrong in a lot of places, especially with regard to the paths that programs are located in.  You guys seriously worked 3 years on this... do you really expect us to belive that.  Look at the posts all over the forum.. people are having problems... I bought my workstation thinking that  Lenovo was not like pet food manufactures and would make a quality product, like when IBM used to own the business. 

Seriously I want someone to tell me how to get my windows 7 to work properly, It was easier to install different Linux varriants, even the versions from 8 years a go. 

Seriously... 3 years... ... are you guys into pet food as well?

ap

Paper Tape
johnp0126

Hi.  I have installed win 7 RTM 64bit to several notebooks (w700,t61,x301,x200,w500,t500) and a year old workstation with no big issues.  What model workstation do you have? (the part number) and what windows are you installing?  is it the RTM?  what build?  I have found that by going thru the support page, then enter all the questions about the model.  that gives me the best driver listing for the operating system.  I also use system update and windows update and so far with that and also sending emails to windows7@lenovo.com I have had great support with 7.  From what I know the 3 years they spent were on getting new systems setup with 7 and the EE experience.  Those of us with systems that did not ship with 7 have drivers etc but it really depends on the age of the system and components.  I do not work for Lenovo but if you give me the info, i will see what i can find.