Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
stec500

Opera browser errors

I am running opera on win 7 64 bit pro in a t410.

Error messages with 11.50

Installed the latest Opera 11.50

When I start Opera 11.50 a popup window says it can't find dxpserver.exe. I press escape and the another window appears again can´t find  Lenovo think.ink . I press esc again and Opera starts.

Agotthelf
Topics: 145
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

Re: Opera browser errors

Hello, stec500 welcome to Lenovo forums!

It seems the 10.50 is buggy try to reinstall Opera in version 10.11.

Several users have reported this kind of problem with Opera 10.50.

Kind regards

Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

What's DOS?
ekonomat

I've got the same problem. Downgrade to version 11.11 fixed it.

Are
What's DOS?
Are

It is the Opera 11.50 which has this error. And it keeps coming back again and again, month after month, despite repeated efforts to download an earlier version I got from the Opera company office in Oslo, Norway. They seems incapable to solve the problem by launching a new version without bugs. This is extremely irritating for Lenovo users. Temporarily you might be able to solve the problem by using version 11.10. But this is neither a satisfactory nor sustainable solution. As I have  repeatedly mailed to the office of Opera without result I am asking someone from Lenovo to contact directly the people in Norway och send them a compentent programmer who can solve the problem!

It is a shame for such a good and swift browser as Opera which I have used for many years with great pleasure. I am now uninstalling the whole Operabrowser until a wellfunctioning version can be obtained. Please help us solve this annoying problem!!!

Desperate!

What's DOS?
juannarvey

I downloaded the alpha version of opera (12.00) and the same problem happens, and asks if you want to manually search for dxpserver.exe followed by 2 pop ups of an error with shortcut lenovo think.lnk

What's DOS?
stec500

stec500 escribió:

I am running opera on win 7 64 bit pro in a t410.

Error messages with 11.50

Installed the latest Opera 11.50

When I start Opera 11.50 a popup window says it can't find dxpserver.exe. I press escape and the another window appears again can´t find  Lenovo think.ink . I press esc again and Opera starts.

The cause of this error is when you have lenovo think vantage tools pinned to the windos taskbar, to fix simply unpinned the lenovo shocut :smileyhappy: