Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
vbock
Accepted Solution

Replace IE 9 with IE 8?

I have a brand new Lenovo T520 with Win 7 64 bit Professional.

It came with IE 9, which I need to replace with IE 8.  I am a software tester and our corporate clients are running IE 8 or lower and won't have 9 for eons.

I can turn 9 off, but it does not give me 8, it just removes IE entirely.

There is no such thing as a downloadable version -- I've tried, and I'm told that IE 8 is not supported by my operating system!

Seriously, I may need to return the computer altogether if there is not a fix for this. What can I do?

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 350
Solutions: 235

Re: Replace IE 9 with IE 8?

Hi vbock and welcome to the Community,

Go into control panel, click on windows update.

On the left at the bottom click on installed updates.

scroll down the updates until you see windows internet explorer 9.  click on it once to highlight it.

At the top, click uninstall.

It'll take awhile. 

When it's done, reboot.  It will reconfigure itself.

When windows loads back up, you will have internet explorer 8.

9 will show as an important update. You might want to reset your update settings to not automatically install windows updates or you will keep getting 9 installed.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
What's DOS?
vbock

That did the trick. Thanks so much!

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 350
Solutions: 235

Glad to help.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество