Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Kinn

[T400] no sound within Windows 7 on BIOS release v3.01-1.03, but with 2.12-1.01

Hi,

I made an upgrade from Windows XP ti Windows 7 on my T400. Also I updated my BIOS from 2.x to 3.01 and the firmware of the harddrive. Windows 7 is nice, but sound wasn´t working.

I watched several forums and installed dozens of Conexant drivers. The problem was, that Windows said the sound card would work. When I clicked on a mp3 file, the file was actually loaded and player by mediaplayer, but there was no sound out of the speakers (Yes, the speakers were activated to be used...).

Well, now I made a BIOS downgrade to 2.12-1.01 and guess what. After a reboot I now have working sound on the T400. Can´t be I thought. Back to 3.01 and sound vanished again.

Now I´m again with BIOS  2.12-1.01, sound works and I´m happy. I just wanted to inform the rest of you and Lenovo.

Also I have a request. Does anyone have a backup of BIOS 2.16-1.01 and could upload it somewhere? According to Lenovo it has never been release to web.

Punch Card
jjames5

Re: [T400] no sound within Windows 7 on BIOS release v3.01-1.03, but with 2.12-1.01

I know it's not the exact same machine, but i have a T400s running W7 RTM 64bit it had sound for a while, but now it has suddenly stopped playing through the speakers. The sound plays through the headphone all right. Using the smartaudio it shows sound activity but nothing through the speakers anymore. I have tried all the different settings, classic, multistream and through fn-F6 - just no more audio anymore... weird! Guess i will have to wait for all the official drivers, and if they do not remedy the situation, call the machine in for service

regards,

Jesper James

Punch Card
McDave

Re: [T400] no sound within Windows 7 on BIOS release v3.01-1.03, but with 2.12-1.01

I am using the latest bios and not having any problems with sound. Then again that does not really help does it?

What's DOS?
GlueFactoryBJJ

I am also having the same problem.  I can hear stuff over the headphone jack, but the speakers do not produce any sound.  Are there special drivers that need to be loaded beyond what Win7 tries?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Scott