Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
o0TMS0o

Re: U330 + Windows 7 Drivers Problem & Solutions

Windows 7 is out officially for non pro user for 8 days now

and there is still no update, most of the drivers doesn't work.

Mark, can you explain us how this is possible ?

It means that if today I'd like to buy a brand new U330 with W7, I will have a non working machine from the start ?

This is a joke ^^ ...

Or ...

this Laptop is no longer sold by Lenovo ...so what's the point to make effort and spend money ? none

about the owner of a U330 ? who cares, this will not bring in money !!!!

I really hope that you will be able to move things, because none of us will ever buy lenovo again...

Punch Card
nicholse86

So,

Paper Tape
kchen

I am also forced to just run ATI graphics (setting in Bios) now since switchable graphics won't work. Running Intel (Switchable setting in Bios) gives same amout of battery life (<2.5hrs). Very disappointing, I like the portability of the machine, but poor battery life just ruined it. I really like Windows 7, so I hope Lenovo can speed up their driver support for switchable graphics. I hope Lenovo will wake up since there is enough people feeling annoyed abt this already. Look at the number of post here in this forum! Thanks

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,308
Solutions: 283

All,

I have gotten Windows 7 Pro 32 and 64 bit versions and am installing 32 as I post this now.  I plan to test both versions with the drivers we have on the web and will share my results and we will work to resolve the issues.

For much of the ThinkPad line, we provided Win 7 beta drivers in advance, so we already had the benefit of a lot of additional feedback and testing.  IdeaPad Win 7 drivers were provided on the 22nd, so yes we are 8 days in and receiving plenty of feedback here now.

A couple posts back, there was a question about U330's being sold today.  Looking at the web today, I see only 2 models available 2267-64U and 65U.   These models do not have switchable graphics but are integrated Intel GMA 4500 only.   They ship with Vista and are Win 7 upgradable.

There are 2 other models that I see in our PSREF that announced in Oct, which do have switchable graphics but also have Vista preloads.   As I understand it, no Win 7 preload image is planned for the U330 model.

So, if you bought one off the web today, switchable would not be an issue because it's not a feature, but since there are models that have announced with switchable capability I believe this should be supported.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Punch Card
nicholse86

[ Edited ]

Mark_Lenovo wrote:

There are 2 other models that I see in our PSREF that announced in Oct, which do have switchable graphics but also have Vista preloads.   As I understand it, no Win 7 preload image is planned for the U330 model.

So, if you bought one off the web today, switchable would not be an issue because it's not a feature, but since there are models that have announced with switchable capability I believe this should be supported.

• Since there is no Win 7 preload image planned for the u330, will the u330 line eventually be discontinued completely?

• Could you explain PSREF?

• Are you saying that since these new models preloaded with Windows 7 will have switchable graphics, then it is still a feature that will be supported and any computers in Lenovo's range with the switchable graphics feature will have full support in the future during this transition to Windows 7?

Thanks for the update

JaneL

nicholse86 wrote:
  • Could you explain PSREF?

He was looking at tabook.  Check the first Q in the FAQs at http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs/Frequently-Asked-Questions-FAQ/m-p/34#U34 for more info and the link to the *books.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Fanfold Paper
JustV

Re: U330 + Windows 7 drivers finally!

Yeah the HDD Active Protection is WAYY too sensitive.....I put the Active protection on the lowest, and its still not working right...I felt like its on HIGH....

Fanfold Paper
JustV

its funny how Microsoft promised us better battery life...with 20% more battery life.....but since both Lenovo and Microsoft are screwing this up...we are left with nothing lol

Fanfold Paper
Acaedan

[ Edited ]

Fanfold Paper
frugal_economy

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone,

I guess we are all a frustrated one way or another with the driver problems on this machine. Well I just got off the phone with the technician at Lenovo. Here are something I've learned:

-The drivers currently available on the website are not final. The final versions of the drivers won't be available until Nov 16.

Nov 16 is also the date when Lenovo will ship out the Windows 7 upgrade kit for all eligible lenovo owners. The kit includes all the working drivers.

For those of us like me, who have earlier models of U330, we may not be eligible for the kit, but we can still order it with them by phone after Nov 16.

-For those who want the switchable graphics card to work, the technician suggested we go directly to the ATI website, they may already have a working driver there (I will check it out myself after this post)

-About battery life, I was told discrete graphics drains more battery than the Intel

--------------

I don't have a solution for you, but that's a heads up for what's to come.

I guess we are testing the drivers for them. I'm surprised all this information isn't posted clearly on their website. Everyone is given the impression the drivers are out, when they aren't (Or perhaps I missed it somewhere...).

Anyways, thanks Mark for trying to figure things out, let not direct your frustration on him guys, :-P It's Lenovo, who needs to get their message our clearer~

P.S. Also thanks to previous posters who tried to offer temporary solutions