Support in other languages: 
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: U330 + Windows 7 Drivers Problem & Solutions

You're not looking hard enough :smileywink::

Lenovo has confirmed that the operating system of the following computers can be upgraded to Windows 7. The windows 7 drivers of the following models can be downloaded on consumersupport website.

Desktops

l           IdeaCentre Series

K210, K220, K300, K305, A600, Q110, Q700

l           Lenovo 3000 Series

H210, C300, C305

Notebook

l           IdeaPad Y Series

Y330, Y430, Y450, Y530, Y550, Y550P, Y650, Y730

l           IdeaPad U Series

U150, U330, U350, U450, U450P, U550

l           IdeaPad S Series

S10-2, S12-NV

l           Lenovo Series

E43, G450, G550, K23

l           Lenovo 3000 Series

G230, G530

G430 20003, 4153

G430 20008, 4152

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Punch Card
nicholse86

bananaman,

Thanks for clearing that up, I pulled the information that I posted directly from agotthelf's latest Windows 7 post

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-7-Launch/Lenovo-and-Windows-7-Information/td-p/167070

which did not contain the link that you have just provided

Therefore I believe he should probably include the same link that you just provided me, since it might be misleading to Windows 7 buyers wondering if their computer is upgradeable

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Good point nicolse86! I'll fix that.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Punch Card
nicholse86

[ Edited ]

Paper Tape
joksim

[ Edited ]

Just bought my u330 12 days ago and having the same problems with Win7.

Hope to see them resolved soon.

Also, adjusting screen brightness works under when using the dedicated graphic card

What's DOS?
felipekk

Hi All,

I'd like to confirm that I'm also having the problem with switchable graphics although when using Discrete Only setting in BIOS I was able to use the HDMI output. I was able to use it on extended/clone mode.

I'd like to add another problem to the list: Although the audio is working, the maximum volume under Windows 7 is much lower than the same volume level under Vista. I'd use to listen to my iTunes with the visual volume meter on the third or fourth bar when using headphones and now I have to use it on the max to get something nearly as loud as it was.

Of course, the big priority here is getting at least a way to disable the ATI Graphics Card so we can use Windows 7 on battery...

Serial Port
feng303

joksim wrote:

Just bought my u330 12 days ago and having the same problems with Win7.

Hope to see them resolved soon.

Also, adjusting screen brightness works under when using the dedicated graphic card

HAHAHAHAHAH omg. joksim, you bought your computer 12 days ago and its already having a ton of problems? LOL. your alias reflects the degree of irony here.

Punch Card
nicholse86

[ Edited ]

Anybody have any updates they would like to share?

MOD's! Is Mark_Lenovo out for the week? I haven't seen him posting at all so far the past couple days

Has anybody had any further contact with a Lenovo technician about the status' of these problems?

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 274

[ Edited ]

Nicholas86,

No, I'm here this week but have been doing some work outside the forum, and have been trying to get through my PM inbox full of various customer service requests.   I did the Win 7 install on Monday on a U330 and agree that switchable does not seem to work.  My system is presently stuck in the intel mode, and the switchable control is there, but pushing the button for "performance" graphics does not switch it to discrete.

As an aside, I did a clean install vs an upgrade, and then downloaded the Lenovo drivers off the web.  I also noted that the Win 7 install had a newer version of the Intel driver than we have on our website.

I'm raising these issues with engineering and will keep you posted.   (will also continue to follow and add in the issues from the first post where tonynca is keeping the list.

11/4/09 Update - Thanks Tony for pointing out the new Bios.  It's hard to keep up some days with the work of so many different teams.  Great job driving this thread!   Will follow up on the APS.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

What's DOS?
ziomal2

[ Edited ]

Have to confirm that after updating the bios and reloading Intel and ati drivers from lenovo's website switchable graphics is working fine. Only one card shows in device manager at the time.

thx Lenovo

Battery live seems to be better, whish we had an indicator on the task bar :smileyhappy:

Windows 7 64bit