Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
theelite

Re: U330 + Windows 7 Drivers Problem & Solutions

thanks for the heads up jil1972, now if only the final bios will ever be released...
Punch Card
darQ96

yeah, well, it's still old version, I have 8.740
Paper Tape
DevolutionZC

Just a heads up to everyone here, I had the same beta drivers as Darq but I wanted to go ahead and test out the ones offered from Lenovo even though the revision number was older.

After installing these drivers, I was able to go to the ATI/AMD website and download the full catalyst 10.8 driver suite for Radeon mobility products and it installed and updated my drivers without any issue. My driver revision is now up to date with the latest available, and I have noticed some minor performance improvements in Starcraft II.

In any case, hope this helps any of you looking to have the latest drivers. Cheers!

Blue Screen Again
theelite

It's been 3 weeks since the bios was being tested Marc, how's that going?
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 408
Kudos: 1,276
Solutions: 275

All,

Here is the next update - it assumes you are at BIOS 67 or later, and will be using the August release of the ATI drivers on the support site, and then you need to replace one other file on your system.

I've put together an interrim KB article here and attached to the article is a RAR file that contains folders for 32 and 64 bit versions of the file you will need to replace. 

Can you give this a go?  We will finalize and have a formal set of instructions on the support site, and will also have this other file available for download there as well.

The BIOS 68 is not referenced in the instructions.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Punch Card
darQ96

bios 68 is the beta one posted few pages ago ?!?!?
this fix includes no bios updates, so, we will need to run our 68 beta version forever !?!?
correct me if I'm wrong, but, bios can only be upgraded, not downgraded, right ?
Serial Port
jli1972

you can downgrade it to version 67 by installing the official BIOS software.
x220 i7-2620M (4286-CTO)
Mark_Lenovo

darQ96,

The BIOS isn't referenced in the instructions, but you need to have at least 67.  I don't think there is any problem running 68 with this, but you can roll back if you want to.

As to future BIOS updates - perhaps... to address other / future issues / updates...

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Mark_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

All,

The official tips / solutions for this remaining power management issue is available on the Lenovo Ideapad support website.  Here are the two links.

Please read the article and review the 2 related links on the page.

32 BIT Version

64 BIT Version

I'm marking this as the solution for this thread because this was the last remaining issue, and I'll recommend that customers update to the latest version of BIOS and other drivers on the web to ensure that the other issues here are addressed, including the sensitivity for APS, etc.

If there are new symptoms / problems, let's start a new discussion.

Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo

Serial Port
jli1972

Hi Mark,

I tried the patch, it works great!

Now i am pretty happy with my U330, except that the battery had degraded after running 'battery eater' ...

Thanks a lot!

-Kelvin

x220 i7-2620M (4286-CTO)