Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
nlavon
Accepted Solution

Userinit.exe Error Message

I just got a T410i with Windows 7 Professional loaded. I began loading in programs (Firefox, Office 2010. etc.) when I got an error message saying "Userinit.exe" would not start correctly (0xc0000142). I Googled the error message and tried to follow the advice making sure the Registry value for userinit.exe was correct, and it is. There is no wsaupdater.exe to be found in the System 32 folder (another common problem) and the Users Group Policy is also set correctly (another common fix to this problem).

The system won't boot although I can get into Safe Mode. I am at wit's end trying to figure out what is going on. Has anyone else run into this error? Would it have to do with the 64-bit OS?

Neal Lavon

Bangkok, Thailand

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 140
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

Re: Userinit.exe Error Message

If you have an Antivirus scanner,scan your system once in safe mode,also disable the system restore option if a virus is found

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Blue Screen Again
nlavon

Re: Userinit.exe Error Message

Thanks for the reply. I had a freeware virus program running called Avira which is pretty well regarded. I ran a scan in safe mode and it did not find anything; no virus, no malware. I Googled the daylights out of the error messages and files. There were some Registry Keys to check but they all checked out fine. The files were in the right places in System32, so I essentially gave up and handed it off to the company that bought the laptop for me. They have it now and are trying to fix it.

The worst that can be done is to reload the system but unless one of the files was corrupted during installation of the OS (Windows 7), I'm afraid it will just keep coming back when I am logged onto the Net. I had both a firewall and an anti-virus program running and installed when I got hit with this the first time. So I am thinking it's some corrupt file.

Even the Startup folder looked like it was okay. I mean the thing was only three days old when these malfunctions started coming. Maybe a fresh install is the way to go.

Neal Lavon

Bangkok, Thailand