Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Win 7 upgrade program - delivery updates

All,

Many members have been asking questions about when updates will be shipping, how to check status, etc.

We will consolidate all comments related to the subject on this thread and provide information as available on shipping status. 

We are planning a status update for Monday afternoon.

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
mark5019

wish mentor media would ship upgrades

didnt get mine today and if they just shipped today when will it arrive

no email yet saying shipped

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: wish mentor media would ship upgrades

Mark5019,

The plan was to begin shipments today, so it would likely be a day or two before the first shipments arrive in customer hands.  Depending on whether or not additional Lenovo media (drivers, etc) are included, some series could be delayed slightly. 

We will stay on top of shipments and try to provide guidance here.  

Thanks for checking in!

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
mark5019

thank you  mark

Paper Tape
Katosepe

Windows 7 Shipped?

I hope you all don't think I'm really dumb for asking this but when are the disks supposed to arrive? Also, how can we check to make sure they have been shipped? Will Lenovo send me an e-mail?

Punch Card
mark5019

well still not even started shipping!!!!

come on this isnt right

Punch Card
sfoeuroflyer

What's the Deal on the Windows 7 upgrade fulfillment

Talk about impossible to pry out info.  Nobody will say when they will be mailing out the upgrades to those in the program and the web site is not responding if you want to manually check.  How hard is it to send this stuff out in a big wave to people who have been registered for weeks.

Anybody have the scoop?

Fanfold Paper
feihtkrad

Re: Windows 7 Shipped?

I would like to know as well

Punch Card
Klipspringer

I have no idea when Lenovo will decide to ship us our Windows 7 disks, but I think the procedure to check whether or not your version has shipped goes like this:

1) Go to the Lenovo Windows 7 upgrade site http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/windows7/

2) Click on "Request Upgrade"

3) Near the bottom of the page that opens will be a link hat says "To check on order status, please click here"

4) On the new page that opens you'll be asked to type in your order number and email address.

Hope this helps!

Token Ring
draco2527

I know I can't answer you question...but I wanted to add some "pointers" in case it takes longer than expected.

FWIW

If it is anything like the Vista upgrade(media shipping), do not hold your breath.

HOWEVER!!!

In all honesty Lenovo has done a MUCH better Job this time around than when Vista was released. Even by the time I received the Vista Disk (from Lenovo) there was NO SUPPORT structure in place from Lenovo. I was basically told I was "on my own".

The time and effort (there is still a long road ahead!) that Lenovo has put into making this (Win 7 ) as painless as possible has renewed my faith in the "ThinkPad" brand.

"Think" positive...the longer it takes for the media to arrive...the better you will be in having issues resolved :smileyhappy:

Currently own: X220T, X201, X200, T61 X2, X61T X3