Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
kylborn

Re: Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit upgrade

Update: Got my Recovery Disks today (kudos to lenovo for next day shipping). In case you were wondering, they only include the 64 bit software. I received 2 disks: 1 "Operating System" disk and 1 "Applications and Drivers" disk. So far (I'm in the middle of running the recovery right now) it is a pretty hands free operation. Other than making sure I could boot from my external DVD drive and putting the 2 disks in when prompted I haven't really had to do anything. It has been going through a series of actions and reboots on its own for several minutes now. If you don't hear from me again, assume all went well.

Paper Tape
neilbensley

Re: Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit upgradeyou

Thank you to everyone that responded to my inquiry. I haven't checked in for a while as the initial response to my questions was not inspiring. However, I think I have plenty to follow-up here, so thanks again.

Cheers

Neil

Paper Tape
vadi01

Re: Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit upgrade Russia

I just purchased my t510 laptop in Russia from an official dealer. ...really nice and good but it came with 32 bit windows 7. So after looking at the link provided in http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=YAST-3P2QYL&sitestyle=lenovo#Detailsi... 

I called tech support in Russia and they told me this service is not applicable in Russia. I mean i cant understand this. The tech support says the website maybe is not updated. Honestly speaking I am stuck. Need some serious assistance here. Oh yea and when i said i can pay for the 64 bit os i was told i need to buy it from any shop as lenovo Russia cannot supply any 64 bit recovery disks as well. 

So as a customer I ask lenovo one thing...whats the latest information on this issue? Do you or do you not provide this service world wide???? I bought this laptop based on the information i saw in your site. 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
StanS

Re: Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit upgrade Russia

FWIW.

If you buy from the US  website, you have an opportunity to switch from 32 to 64 bit without charge when you place the order in the customize option.  Many IBM Partner and Lenovo Partner dealers will also change to 64 bit without charge at the time of order.  I think that most of the people here paid for a new disk set (not usually offered in the first place) to do the upgrade or like me, were moving from Vista to Win7 and changed to the 64bit version. 

Since the key is good for both 32 and 64 bit versions, you could borrow anyone's 64 bit version disk and do the upgrade. IF you want the specialized drivers, then you got to the correct driver matrix for your laptop and install the Hotkey, and related base service drivers first, and then the Lenovo toolbox which will then add all the other driver/devices/services.  Though there are a lot of people who prefer non of that stuff and don't care if the blue button works.

Blue Screen Again
Brian2136

What is the procedure to change Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit to Windows 7 Pro 32-bit?

Lenovo G560 Laptops.

I need to change OS's to accommodate "legacy" software.

I was told, over the phone by the Lenovo Support Desk, that changing the OS, requiring a 32-bit BIOS flash, would void the hardware warrantee.

I have tried to accommodate some legacy software by changing the OS to Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, and use XPMode.  This is not working out to be a "reasonable" solution.  It kind of depends on the definition of "reasonable".

What is the procedure to change Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit to Windows 7 pro 32-bit, without voiding the warrantee.

I have Windows 7 Pro Volume License, for both 32-bit and 64-bit, and do not want to purchase additional "Upgrades".

Blue Screen Again
Brian2136

Re: What is the procedure to change Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit to Windows 7 Pro 32-bit?

Sucks to be me!