Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
wolverine42

Windows 7 64 bit sucks... any suggestion?

hi,

i have a T400 with T9400 CPU, 3GB DDR3 RAM. i install Windows 7 64bit and install drivers with system update software. However my PC sucks abnormally, i used Adobe products but even when they dont work, my PC sucks beacuse of Firefox or MSN Messenger too...

you have any suggestion?

gan
Topics: 4
Kudos: 111
Solutions: 108

Re: Windows 7 64 bit sucks... any suggestion?

It's really hard to understand exactly what the problem is based on your problem description. Could you please describe the problem in more details like what the actual problem is? "My PC and Windows sucks" basically says nothing about the problem. Is your computer slow, do you have crash issues, some features that doesn't work or any other issues? Do you have any other software installed that could cause problems like antivirus even if i don't really know what the problem is at the moment.

I also find it really hard to understand this sentence: "i used Adobe products but even when they dont work, my PC sucks beacuse of Firefox or MSN Messenger too".

-gan

Serial Port
wolverine42

basically, when i use my computer it slows down.. for example, using firefox, while a page starts to opening,  my computer stops a few secons, as if firefox is the case of 'not responding', after a few seconds, it works normally...

for example, i am chatting on msn, when i write, my computer is stops, then working normally and my writings comes to the msn chatbox...

Kaspersky internet security is installed on my computer....

with adobe products i wanted to tell that, when a massive program is running, you can expect ur computer to slow but, even if they dont run, computer slows down...

no crash, no windows problem, no blue screen. it just slows down...

i say again, Windows 7 64 bit has been installed on my machine...

thanks...

gan

Ok thanks, i'll understand what you mean't with the Adobe part now.

If you have active protection system installed it could be an idea trying to disable that one just to see if that make a difference since i read that someone had issues with APS in the past. APS lock the HDD on your computer when there are movements to prevent damange in case you drop your computer. I remember some complaints about APS being to sensitive even if i never had any such issues. When APS lock the HD you won't be able to read or write to the HD during that period of time that could last for a few seconds and could cause applications to stop for a few seconds.

Also i remember trying Kaspersky Antivirus (not internet security) in the past and had similar problems like you describe. Then i searched in the kaspersky support forum and found others with the same problem. because of kaspersky. I cannot remember if that was version 2008 or 2009, but even if you have a newer version of Kaspersky installed it could be an idea trying to disable Kaspersky to see if that make a difference. In some cases with antivirus products that cause problems disable wont' make a difference and then a unninstall might be necessary to see if there are any difference. If you feel unsafe about running the computer without antivirus during the test you could use some free antivirus and if the problem don't go away uninstall and then reinstall Kaspersky again. But if you do then make sure Kaspersky is completely uninstalled before you install another antivirus software since two antivirus installations simultaneously on the same computer often cause problems. There are several free antivirus software available like Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG, Avast, Avira and others in case you decide to try without Kaspersky and want some other antivirus in the meantime.

It could be worth a try and especially since i know Kaspersky caused similar problems in the past.

-gan

Serial Port
wolverine42

thanks very much for your reply... i will try disable and uninstall kaspersky... thanks again...

gan

[ Edited ]

No problem and please let us know the result if working or not. Could be useful for others as well that might have similar issues.

-gan

Community Moderator
yigit

do not forget to select "high performance" on power management.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Serial Port
wolverine42

after uninstalling kaspersky, i installed eset nod32, it is better now but, i think, xp was much better...

gan

wolverine42 wrote:

after uninstalling kaspersky, i installed eset nod32, it is better now but, i think, xp was much better...

So the main problem is solved now? Even if you liked XP better.

-gan

Punch Card
binaryspiral

Anti-whatever software is almost always the root cause of slow downs and complaints of performance. Tweaking the settings or disabling some of the more invasive features can help a lot sometimes.

Install Windows 7 and use it for a few hours with the software you like - stay off the internet if you're paranoid and just get a feel for the performance. I'm not pro anything, use what works best for you... I'm just suggesting don't complain about the OS that you've already dumped a bunch of stuff on and loaded it down.

Personally I run Win7 64bit and my experience has been above and beyond awesome compared to Vista 64bit. And XP64bit is just an unsupported loner in Microsoft's corridors waiting for EOL. I run VM Workstation and *need* 64bit OS for more memory addressing. Lenovo has been great at releasing 64bit friendly drivers that don't suck and makes my job easier.

I hope it works out for you

T400 - 2.53Ghz CoreDuo - 4GB Ram - 200GB 7.2kRPM Encrypted HDD - LED Backlit Screen, Web Cam.