Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
werd_nerd

Windows 7 Driver Issues

Hi,

I've tried installing the APS drivers for Windows 7 on my X61s, but I don't see the APS icon in my System tray after the driver has been installed and I've restarted my computer. I've listed all the icons in my system tray, and the APS icon is not available for display. In addition, i don't see any start menu links to the APS utility. I've checked in the control panel, and the APS driver is listed as installed. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver, and have not had any success.

I don't think it is turned on, and I have no way of configuring the settings, such as avoiding repetitive shocks. Has anyone else faced this problem before?

Another driver that I think isn't working properly for me is the on screen display. My volume indicator shows up on screen when I use the volume and mute buttons, but the same does not happen why I adjust the brightness settings using Fn + Home/End.

I was using Windows Vista Business before and did not have problems with either driver, and I'm currently using Windows 7 Professional.

In Windows 7, I've installed the following drivers:

System Interface Driver

Power Management Driver

Active Protection System

Hotkey Driver

Ultranav Trackpoint drivers

Any help or information would be much appreciated

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 139
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

Re: Windows 7 Driver Issues

Which version of APS are you using?Did you try to install the one for windows 7 ?

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/WIN7-BETA.html#tvap

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Ideacenter Horizon

●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Paper Tape
werd_nerd

Yes, I've downloaded and installed all the drivers for Windows 7 from that page. APS still not working though.

I've also tried installing the Vista version, and then installing the Windows 7 version. After installing the Vista version, I see an APS utility in my start menu, but when I try to run it, I'm told it isn't compatible with Win 7. After downloading installing the Win 7 version of the driver, the shortcut in my start menu disappears.

Token Ring
RealStranger

Hi,

APS is working on your maching. Somehow Lenovo sets strange default values which prevent you from seeing the software.

Go to the control panel, click "Lenovo's Airbag Protection" and check the box saying "Show active protection icon ...".

(TBH I reinstalled APS three times before figuring this out ; )  )

Greetz!

M.T.

Paper Tape
werd_nerd

Well, thanks for the tip M.T.! it was in the control panel after all.

Anyone else face the same problem as I did with the on screen display though?

Token Ring
matram

The problem with OSD of brightness seems to be abug in the driver reported by many people. We will have to wait for a new version of the driver to have that fixed.

Mats

Thinkpad T400s, X61s, X41, 600
Paper Tape
werd_nerd

Ok, thanks so much for the help everyone!