Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
trunksalan

Windows 7 Restart issues after waking from sleep/hibernating on y430

I've installed windows 7  and installed all drivers but one driver that no one on this message board has solved yet (it is detected as an unknown device - ACPI/CPL0002) When I wake the computer from sleep and hibernating the computer cannot restart properly.  It would stop the hard drive after windows has finished the shut down process but the power lights will stay on. I then have to hold the power button down until the system powers off.

I have updated my y430 to the latest bios but this problem still persists.

Any idea on why this is?

Thanks

Fanfold Paper
zsl1005

Re: Windows 7 Restart issues after waking from sleep/hibernating on y430

Same problem, No way to solve it even use the newest BIOS
Paper Tape
HsuanstR

same problem here, I was wondering if you guys can help me install some drivers for these problems

1.) I can't control brightness using keyboard

2.) My audio is screwed up for example if the volume is all the way up and I mute it I can still hear music coming from the speakers

3.) My laptop makes a beeping sound everytime I plug in the power cord

4.) I don't know which graphic drivers to download.

Thanks!

Paper Tape
trunksalan

You should install all the drivers that came in the D: (or the lenovo drive).  If you deleted those go here and download all the drivers.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=11

The vista drivers should work in windows 7 also.  The only driver that is missing from that website is the wireless switch driver but that can be found here: http://fl90.tumblr.com/  Right at the top of the page .(Thanks to moosefist)

Good luck.

I still have problems with the shut down after sleep and hibernate but everthing else is doing great.  I'm hoping lenovo will fix this shut down problem soon.

Paper Tape
rush_ad

I have the same problem. latest bios runnning.

I am thinking about doing fresh install of Win 7, but before wanted to ask about solutions...

Fanfold Paper
zsl1005

There is a final solution, the version 3.18 bios, it is not publiced by lenovo, but is used in the newest y430 laptop in China, this is the download page link:http://ishare.iask.sina.com.cn/f/6446473.htmlyou can explore it with google translate, maybe the bios is not Official Version, but it really sovled the power problem.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
DivyanshuArora

Finally Divyanshu solved the problem . Waoo. I feel so happy, so great. Lenovo Y430  I want to tell to all y430 lenovo users.

Windows 7  unknown device  compal embedded system control  0.0.0.2  version or 2.0.0.2  . Thermal mode

ok. this driver is sitting on lenovo china , we were not able to figure it out, because of the language problem.  My chinese friend helped me figure it out. .. WAOO . 3 cheers....

Click on the orange tab on the left side.  Install the software. wait till it completes  "Yes you want to restart the computer now ""

http://support1.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/wsi/Modules/DriverDetail.aspx?ID=18039

If you need any other driver for y430, let me know ... Have a great day ..  if you like my message reply to post... Thanks.

Divyanshu Arora

Paper Tape
bbiales

It has been a long time since these two options were posted.  Both links are still available.  There must be someone out there that tried them?  Did they work?  Are there any more official updates since, perhaps on the USA pages?

I am reluctant to try these two updates without someone out there confirming the updates do more good than harm.  Wondering why after so long these are not on the USA site...

Thanks for any insight!