Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
avboothroyd

Re: Y560 : Win7 Service Pack 1 is not displayed in the windows update menu!

Any further news on this as I also have the same problem. I believe it is due to the Lenovo specific Intel Driver (as mentioned above) but there appears to be no other version available. Does nyone know if manually installing SP1 will cause any problems?

Blue Screen Again
Lundy

Lenovo G460 unable to install Windows 7 SP1

I have had my G460 for about a week and wanted to upgrade my Window 7 Ultimate to Service Pack 1 (SP1), but it is not being offered by Windows Update. I tried the Windows Update troubleshooter and downloaded the Microsoft System Update Readiness Tool -  to no avail.

Checking microsoft support Article ID: 2505743 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2498452 ) why I wouldn't be offered SP1 update, it says:

Check whether you have Intel integrated graphics driver IGDKMD64.SYS and whether you upgraded the driver - Windows 7 SP1 will not appear in Windows Update if update 2454826 is not installed. Windows Update will not offer you update KB2454826 if you are using one of the following Intel integrated graphics drivers:

• Igdkmd64.sys (64-bit), versions 8.15.10.2104 through 8.15.10.2141 <<--This is the one I have (.2104)

It also says: If you have the Intel integrated graphics driver and driver version 8.15.10.2104 through 8.15.10.214, visit the computer manufacturer's website to see whether a newer driver is available.  Unfortunately, 8.15.10.2104 is the only driver on the Lovono driver site:  Intel Onboard Graphics Driver     Intel   8.15.10.2104    2010-08-31    32.0 MB  Windows 7 64bit

Is there another way to get an updated driver?  Or another way to get SP 1?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo G460 unable to install Windows 7 SP1

please, take a look at this thread, first.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
Lundy

Yes, it seems like I'm not the only one not able to update Windows 7... the reasons are clearly outlined - will there be a solution?

802.11n
emmjay

Re: Y560 : Win7 Service Pack 1 is not displayed in the windows update menu!

Windows 7 SP1 will not appear in Windows Update if update 2454826 is not installed.
Windows Update will not offer you update KB2454826 if you are using one of the following Intel integrated graphics drivers:

- Igdkmd32.sys (32-bit), versions 8.15.10.2104 through 8.15.10.2141

T23: 2647-8RU, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
A61E: 6418-12U, W7/Pro 64
X200: 7454-CTO, W7/Pro 32

Blue Screen Again
edmin_77

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Finally, I'm able to download SP1 after I update my Intel HD Grapchic driver to newer version.

Just for your info,'

We need to uninstall first the exist driver version of Intel HD from our laptop. After that, we can install online the newest version from internet.

Issue resolved for me :smileyhappy:

Thanks a lot for your all advise

802.11n
emmjay

Lundy,

I would suggest you wait for the driver  to be made available for your system from the Lenovo website.  If it is not there now, then it is not ready for your system. The 64 bit testing may have not finalized and they will not release it until it passes all the tests.  It is more than likely that they have run into a problem and are working on it.

If you have not received SP1 via windows update, you can download it from the MS download site, however that would not be advisable as you may end up with BSODs with this driver being a key prerequisite. NB: The distributed version (WU version) of SP1 would be the one that you should use.    If you chose not to wait and take the risk, then  that is up to you.  If you do this,  I would suggest you have the SP1 uninstaller available, get all your apps to the latest release levels and take a full system backup.   Good luck.

T23: 2647-8RU, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
A61E: 6418-12U, W7/Pro 64
X200: 7454-CTO, W7/Pro 32

Ctrl-Alt-Del
m2stech

This silence from the staff members and the fact that Lenovo seem not caring about updating us with newer drivers is killing me!!!
Maliha

m2stech wrote:
This silence from the staff members and the fact that Lenovo seem not caring about updating us with newer drivers is killing me!!!

Please bare in mind that although there is lenovo presence in the forum, nevertheless this is a user-to-user community, and not official support channel with staffed lenovo personnels.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Ctrl-Alt-Del
dolmen

Win 7 SP1 install: how I fixed error 0x800f0a12

[ Edited ]

When I tried to install SP1 on Windows 7 it failed with the cryptic error 0x800f0a12. This is the story of how I fixed it.

According to Microsoft that error is related to problems to access the system partion: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/windows-7-windows-server-2008-r2-service-pack-1-sp1-inst...

My PC is a Lenovo ThinkPad T60 that was originally bundled with Windows Vista installed. In november 2009 I upgraded the system to Windows 7. The rescue partition (which hosts ThinkVantage Rescue & Recovery) is still based on Windows Vista.

I also have Ubuntu installed on other partitions on the same disk, with Grub in the MBR.

I found some other people encountering the same error in Microsoft forums.

My problem was that Windows was not able to access the BCD (the boot configuration data).

You can check if you have the same problem by launching a command prompt with full Administrator right and type:

C:\>BcdEdit /enum

If this succeed, you have a different error than mine and this howto may not be appropriate for your problem.

If it fails with "access denied", you have not launched the command prompt with full administrator access rights.

If it fails with "can not find BCD information" (this is not the exact message), you may have the same error than me. The problem is that Windows is not able to find the Boot\BCD file that the SP1 have to modify.

The detailed instructions to fix the BCD problem are here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

You have to boot with your Windows 7 DVD and access to a command prompt.

In my case, it looks like that the BCD from the recue partition was the cause of the problem. I had to delete both C:\boot\BCD (BCD of Windows 7 on partition 1) and D:\boot\BCD (BCD of Windows Vista recue on partition 0). Removing only C:\boot\BCD was not enough.

C:
cd \Boot
dir /a
attrib -s -h -s
ren BCD BCD.20110304
D:
cd \Boot
dir /a
attrib -s -h -s
ren BCD BCD.20110304

The final step was:

bootrec /FixBCD

You know that the problem is fixed when "bcdedit /enum" works.

You can now reboot and reinstall SP1.