Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
jdubbs002

Windows 7 Updgrade Website Issue

Anyone else getting an .ASP error when trying to add their Windows 7 upgrade to their cart? I called support, and they blamed it on demand, which feels a little fuzzy.

Paper Tape
theslickdork

Re: Windows 7 Updgrade Website Issue

Yeah i'm getting an issue once I reach that portion of the Windows 7 upgrade order process as well.

Basically the pages becomes:

"

Server Error in '/LenovoWindows7Upgrade' Application.

Runtime ErrorDescription: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

"

Is that what you're getting also?

Do we just have to wait and it'll eventually be resolved or what are we suppose to do?

What's DOS?
max7

Yes, I am seeing the same error (12/12 10 pm est to 11:52 pm as of last check).

Can't beleive that they can't get someting as simiple as this to be issue free. Unbelievable that you still have to pay $17.04 for shipping and handling after going though this crappy service. Lenovo needs to be a little more transparent and say upfront that us costomers will be charged $17.04 for shipping upfront.

What's DOS?
Jake23703

[ Edited ]

This is ridiculous. Not only is the upgrade not really free, but the website for the upgrade doesn't work. Then, if I'm lucky enough to get that website to work, I get to wait for a couple of months to get my "free" upgrade? Or, I can just go drop $80 on ebay and get a new copy delivered to my door in a couple of days.

So, to be clear, a company like Lenovo cannot get the upgrade even close to right, but countless people on ebay can easily ship out as many copies of Win7 as you will pay for. That's completely unacceptable.

I bought a Y550 based on their solid reputation even after my Lenovo web order was botched beyond belief. I'm starting to regret that.