Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
DesertRattler

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade fulfillment discussion

Any new updates on when WIN7 upgrades for the ideapads will start? Would be great before the New Year!

Really discouraged because there are no straight answers. Why the hold up! Is the technology of these computers unable to upgrade to 7?

Y550/4186 purchased 8/8/09

Punch Card
mark5019

now sating december which yr im not to sure of.

if i could return computer i would

What's DOS?
maya13

i got the shipment notice..for  x200s

order placed on october 23

card charged on nov 4th

got shipment notice on nov 20 :smileyhappy:

in another 3-5 days, i will get windows 7dvd i hope!

What's DOS?
yrrah7

[ Edited ]

I figured I'd add my timeline to the deluge of complaints

Sep 25 - Order initiated

Sep 30 - POP submitted (PDF)

Nov 03 - Credit card charged

Dec 01 - Arrived today! :smileyindifferent:

I wrote to check on my order and it took them 3 weeks to answer

Oct 22 - "where is my Windows 7?"

Oct 23 - "you will hear from us within 1-3 business days."

Nov 16 - "Your order is still being processed. Please allow more time for us to finish the process"

Punch Card
mark5019

i ordered mine aud 1st still nada

im tired of the lies

Paper Tape
frustrated_user

hey i have the exact same situation.  i guess lenovo is not geared for world class fulfillment.  worse, i call the callcentre and they take evasive action.

they should bring someone to the US and visit Amazon and do some benchmarking.  i am so frustrated!  i upgrade my x200 tablet every 6 or 8 months, but i seriously doubt i'll get a lenovo next time.  i feel so frustrated by lack of service!

Paper Tape
frustrated_user

Mark_Lenovo wrote:

All,

Since Oct 22, when the Window 7 upgrades began shipping, we've received a lot of feedback and provided a number of updates to our customers.   Upgrades for Think Products have been shipping since the 22nd, but there is a backlog we are working through.  Windows 7 upgrades for Idea products were delayed with the expected shipments to begin after November 16th.

The prior discussion on Upgrade shipments has been valuable and we are keeping in for reference as a read only discussion because at 440 posts, it had become too long for members to practically read and understand.

Communications

Resources are prioritized to address inquiries sent through the "contact us" button on the www.lenovo.com/windows7 update site (page 3 / 4 ) of the process.   The Mentor Media team is presently running about 5 days behind in responding to inquires through contact us (last week the backlog was more than a week) so progress is being made but still delayed.   Submissions other than through the contact us may have even longer response times.

Shipping Methods

US: UPS Innovation (UPS pickup and handoff to USPS - see above)

Canada & LA: UPS

EMEA: TNT MailFast (Mentor is working to resolve an issue where the expedited shipment inhibits tracking number - we expect this to be resolved by next week)

Asia: DHL

China: Fed EX

Standard UPS 1Zxxxx tracking numbers.   US orders are being handled by UPS Innovation - UPS picks up and hands off to the USPS which does the delivery.  Process overview and tracking site here.  These are not the normal UPS format tracking numbers - I believe members have reported "long" tracking numbers in the discussion previously.

As noted in the last several posts, emails are being sent to advise customers.  I've previously noted that Idea upgrade kits won't begin shipping until after Nov 16th, and the emails were intended to advise our customers who may not be involved / following the discussion here.   We also sent emails to advise Think customers - we still expect to have most of the Think backlog cleared up by the 16th.

Some members have commented that they didn't receive emails.  We have requested Mentor to do a comparison of the email distribution lists against the master file and identify any missed addresses and we will be following up in the next several days.

Thanks for working with us on this.  

Best regards,

Mark

The underlying concern for Lenovo here should be that acquiring a customer takes a very long time.  Building goodwill, even more.  But with these mentormedia guys, Lenovo is destroying goodwill very quickly.  I don't know if anyone at corporate knows of this situation.  Probably not.

JaneL

Fanfold Paper
rbelz

I have two separate orders - one on Oct 4 and another on October 29.  My status has been "Order Registration Confirmed.  Pending Payment Completion" for weeks now.  Does anyone know what this means?

One is for an IdeaPad and the other is for an IdeaCentre, if that is relevant.

What's DOS?
dmarlow

[ Edited ]

I bought a Lenovo Y550 within the upgrade period for Windows 7. My wife bought a Dell several weeks later with the same Windows 7 upgrade option. My upgrade was order two weeks before my wife order hers from Dell. I have yet to recieve the upgrade discs but Dell managed to get them to my wife in about a week. I had to pay $17 shipping and handling, my wife paid nothing. It took my wife about 5 minutes to order her upgrade; I had to copy and send proof of purchase, even when I bought direct from Lenovo.

While my computer is considerably more powerful, I spent nearly twice as much but feel I am recieving much less service - never mind I had to send my computer back for a new hard drive after about a month of ownership. I chose the Lenovo because side-by-side the Lenovo was about $100 cheeper then Dell but with the cost of upgrading to Windows 7 that margin gets smaller.

The delay is supposedly because of unexpected demand. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the a very large percent of those who ordered during the "free" upgrade period would want to upgrade to Windows 7 considering how well recieved Windows 7 is compared to Vista.

Maybe those that have had to wait should get the upgrade S&H free. I mean, I wouldn't want Dell to make Lenovo look bad.