Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
globalkiwi
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 on X41 Tablet?

Has anyone here tried Windows 7 on an X41 Tablet?  If so, what were your impressions?  What were the major obstacles?
Fanfold Paper
karin

Re: Windows 7 on X41 Tablet?

No major obstacles, and runs better than Vista. Windows Update will find most of your drivers, and after failing to find one for the fingerprint reader, Windows will suggest you to get it from UPEK's site. You'll have to download and install some drivers yourself like system interface driver and tablet button driver along with the utilities like hotkey and tablet shortcut menu. 
What's DOS?
dlabafr

Works quite OK except for:

When i goes from keyboard to tablet, it dont turn the screen like it did in XP

The extra tablet buttons does not work even after installing Tablet Button driver software (for Vista...)

After installation, only one unknown device found. (for the Trusted Platform Module)

And from a Windows Tablet perspective, Microsoft has still not solve any handwriting recognition for the Swedish language...

But at a frist glance... It seems faster then Vista...

What's DOS?
dlabafr

Well... I gave it another go and my buttons works fine now. So i must have done something wrong the first attempt.
What's DOS?
Skyewolfe

Has anyone had problems with the Audio simply not working?  Volume controls are all working.  Device manager shows sound card is operating normally.  But I get no sound.
What's DOS?
brannonthomas

I have the same problem w/ Audio appearing to work, but not giving any sound as well as my audio control buttons and on-screen display for the same not doing anything after installing those drivers.  Other than that, I'm running 7 w/out other problems.  Granted, that is not a small unforgibable problem for me...might be back to XP soon.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

I've had a non-tablet X41 running Windows 7 like a champ for a few months, audio and on-screen display are working.

Do you have the latest beta drivers installed (System Interface, Power Management, Hotkeys)?

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
What's DOS?
oaftab17

I'm having a strange problem with Windows 7 and the X41t

I had it working earlier, and it worked fine. Recently, on trying to reinstall the system, I find that installing the wireless drivers that  Windows Update provides causes it to freeze. It's definitely the wireless drivers - installing all the other updates EXCEPT the wireless drivers causes it to continue to work - install the wireless drivers, associate to a network, and snap - the system freezes.

I have no idea why this is happening. Any thoughts?

Retired Guru
Duck3

[ Edited ]

Don't install the driver! :smileywink:

What's DOS?
kahless

I noticed that several displays were installed when I upgraded.  They all show up in the device manager. Does this cause any issues? Is there a way I can remove them?

Thanks,