Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
edward1
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 scanner problem

I have just upgraded to a Lenovo G550 laptop running Windows 7 Professional. As the laptop does not have a Parallel printer port I bought a Logilink USB to Parallel Cable, D-SUB 25 pin ((UA0054) to connect the printer (HP Officejet R65 All in One). I then downloaded the driver for the R65. I can print with no problem but cannot display the integrated scanner on my All in One which Microsoft say should be "plug and play".

When I do Start -> Control panel -> View Devices and Printers it displays the R65 printer with a green check mark BUT it displays USB2.0-Print with a yellow exclamation mark and says that it needs troubleshooting. It will not display the scanner. When I troubleshoot the UA0054 it cannot find the problem.

Please can anyone advise me how to remove the troubleshooting marker and get the scanner recognised? Do I need an extra driver?

IPnaSh
Kudos: 373
Solutions: 127

Re: Windows 7 scanner problem

Maybe your AIO isn't fully compatible with Windows 7. Go to HP site and read some information about using this model under Windows 7.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Blue Screen Again
edward1

I believe that I now know what the problem is. It appears that the Logilink  USB to Parallel Cable, D-SUB 25 pin ((UA0054)  will only support basic parallel printer functions and not other functions such as the scanner. The only way to get the scanner working will be to find a more sophisticated connection.

Thanks for the suggestions and help.

IPnaSh
Kudos: 373
Solutions: 127

Wait. Can you configure the adapter properties?

Maybe you can enable some printer modes, like ECP.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo