Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
jordan1286

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause.

Hello, recently I have purchased one of your products from best buy. I've only had this computer for hardly 3 months and I'm already having problems with it. Last night when I was finished using it for the day I went ahead and shut it down. Prior to shutting it down it was working perfectly fine. When I went to boot it up this morning, I kept getting the error that windows was unable to start normally and it took me to startup repair multiple times. After doing many hours of searching I came to the conclusion that I needed the Windows disc to be able to repair my computer, but the problem is that I don't have the disk anymore I'm not sure if my computer just didn't come with a windows disk, or if I just plain lost it. All I know is that I don't have it anymore.  I tried basically everything I could find on the internet that was supposed to help with it and nothing works. I tried going into safe mode and using the command prompt, still nothing. But for some reason, now I can't even access startup repair, command prompt, or safe mode. It's now just showing up with a screen saying "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix problem:

1. Insert your windows instillation disc and restart your computer

2. Choose your language settings, and click "Next."

3. Click "Repair your computer."

But like I said, this comes as a problem seeing as though I don't have my windows disc. I would really like to now if there is a way to fix this problem without having to lose all my files/buy a new comp.

Broadband 3G
countrywise

Re: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

if the system came preinstalled,

you would not have received an installation disc.

You can repair the system with a Windows Repair Disc.

You obviously did not  make one(you should have)

so you can either make one from a pc,

that is the same Windows System plus same bit(32 or 68)

and use that,or you can call Lenovo Support in your area,

and they'll advise you.

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck

P.S With the Windows Repair disc,you won't be losing your files,

it will just hopefully fix the system.

RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 91
Solutions: 91

Re: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause.

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

If the windows is preloaded you can recovery using the recovery method .

To guide you on the recovery method please help by sharing the model details .

Since there is different recovery method for ideapads  & thinkpads

Hope This Helps
Cheers!!!

Blue Screen Again
joena_leah

I have the same problem, but I have a Lenovo G460/G560 Win7 Drivers (32bit & 64bit) CD. Should I use this?
If I will use this, will I lose my files on my laptop?

My laptop is a G460.