Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
carloseuv
Accepted Solution

X61 : Bluetooth device is not detected in Windows 7 64-Bits

When I tried to install the bluetooth driver (vista 64bits) and directly from Broadcomm, both were stuck on the same place :

No Bluetooth device was detected.

Somebody knows how can I enable my bluetooth device, then install the driver?

Thanks,

Carlos

Serial Port
TheHarbinger667

Re: X61 : Bluetooth device is not detected in Windows 7 64-Bits

[ Edited ]

Downloads the Windows 7 Hotkey Features. This will enable the wireless console with Fn+F5. Then you can enable bluetooth from there. Windows's built-in bluetooth drivers should work fine, maybe even with an update from WU if you're lucky.

-tm

Edit: Don't forget to download the System Interface Driver too.

Paper Tape
carloseuv

Works fine.

Thanks a lot.

Carlos

What's DOS?
VVicTor

Thanks Thanks Thanks!

I've spent all day trying to solve it. And your message was the only one that really helped!

Regards,

Victor from Russia

What's DOS?
yuntaoc

Thanks! My thinkpad is a X200t with win7 64bit, couldn't find the bluetooth device at first and now finally got it.

What's DOS?
ezekiel

hi,
i had a problem with hotkey features, the display driver " on screen dislay" do not want install because a lot of files are missing like :
mkrcfg.dll
mkrmsg.dll
mkrmsg.exe
help me please!!!!!!
What's DOS?
bunhead

yes, I had the same problem after re-imaging my x61 and installing windows 7 home premium.  here it is:  If your F5 key works, simply open it and click the radio button to turn on your Bluetooth.  this will install the driver.  If the f5 key does not work and the machine just goes to sleep when you press the f4 key, open the Lenovo Updates function by typing "update" in the start line (you won't find it in the control panel updates function).  open the updates window and install most of the Lenovo updates.  then re-boot.  your f5 key should now work and when you open it you can turn on the bluetooth function with the radio button.  This installs the driver and you should be good.

I think the key is the function buttom F5 and not your adapter so that is why it is so difficult to figure out a solution.

Good luck.

b.h.

Punch Card
balanced

[ Edited ]

"Downloads the Windows 7 Hotkey Features. This will enable the wireless console with Fn+F5. Then you can enable bluetooth from there. Windows's built-in bluetooth drivers should work fine, maybe even with an update from WU if you're lucky.

-tm

Edit: Don't forget to download the System Interface Driver too."

(How to properly quote someone here?)

2014 update

I downloaded and installed 8jvu42ww.exe from http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS014985

It installed System Interface Driver for me. Though I still have no clue where to get Windows 7 Hotkey Features. Bluetooth on my X61s with windows 7 Home Premium is still not operating. Any tip?

Punch Card
balanced

[ Edited ]

My Bluetooth HAS TO be there... becouse once I managed to see its icon on system tray (I don't know how). any tips on how I can make it appear again? (

Punch Card
balanced

[ Edited ]

So really, is there an option to quote in my reply (after a time elapsed)? Or to edit my old post? What kind of forum is this?!

Correction.

I wrote:

It installed System Interface Driver for me. Though I still have no clue where to get Windows 7 Hotkey Features. Bluetooth on my X61s with windows 7 Home Premium is still not operating. Any tip?

Correct version:

It installed Windows 7 Hotkey Features for me. Though I still have no clue where to get System Interface Driver. Bluetooth on my X61s with windows 7 Home Premium is still not operating. Any tip?

I mistyped. :smileywink:

So, what is the solution?