Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
Gkinghrn

X61 Tablet - Windows 7 & Bluetooth - was working - I disabled it..How to re-enable

Ok I suspect I am being dense but I have had bluetooth working happilly enough for long enough and the other day I disabled it via the taskbar icon and thought i could eaily re-enable it later...

Well I know somewhereoin the depths of this OS there is something to re-enable it but I am blowed if I can find it...

This is driving me nuts ..I've been all through control panel / BIOS settings ..everything...and getting nowehere....

Help?

Lenovo X200 Tablet / 350Gb HDD / 4GB RAM / Windows 7
Paper Tape
netpro7

Re: X61 Tablet - Windows 7 & Bluetooth - was working - I disabled it..How to re-enable

I had the same issue on my x200 tablet win 7 64bit professional.

Windows 7 stupid wouldnt even list in device manager.

This morning I had to restore it to Vista (Factory Condition) Launch thinkvantage toolbox > enable wireless > power on bluetooth.

I did the same to switch it off using lenovo thinkvantage toolbax in win 7 then it dis-appeared.

I will put my win 7 hdd back in again to check if it's working

X200 Tablet

Serial Port
Gkinghrn

Re: X61 Tablet - Windows 7 & Bluetooth - was working - I disabled it..How to re-enable

My fix here was unusual to say the least - I had a Win7 HDD and a Vista factory built HDD - I resolved it by putting my Vista HDD in booting it up ... then putting my Win 7 HDD back in and it saw it... something somehow disabled it and by re-enabling it with the original factory shipped disk it was fine..

I have no idea at all how it fixed it...

Lenovo X200 Tablet / 350Gb HDD / 4GB RAM / Windows 7
Serial Port
crashnburn

I am having the same issues with the Fn F5 program to enable disable the Wireless. Once disabled my WiFi never came back on.

Thinkpads:
T61 8892-02U: 14.1"SXGA+/2.2C2D/4G/XP|Adv Mini Dock|30" Gateway XHD3000 WQXGA via Dual-link DVI
X61T 7767-96U: 12.1"SXGA+/1.6C2D/3G/Vista|Ultrabase
W510 4319-2PU: 15.6"FHD/i7-720QM/4G/Win7Pro64 (for dad)
T43 1875-DLU: 14.1"XGA/1.7PM-740/1G/XP
Dell:
Inspiron 9300: 17"WUXGA/NVidiaGeForce6800/2.2PM/2G/XP (old)
Paper Tape
stevens91101

Sorry to be pulling up this old thread, but I have the same problem. I've been reading every bluetooth entry in this forum and still have no solution for my problem.

I have a X61s with Windows 7 on it. Bluetooth worked fine for 2 years.

After deactivating WAN and BT on my X61s, and a subsequent automatic Windows Update, there is no way to switch it back on.

FN+F5 pulls up a window which only lists WLAN, no longer shows BT and WAN as entries. Device Manager also doesn't list it. I've spent hours on this... no success. There is no Bluetooth entry in BIOS 2.22... I'm stuck

I've even swapped the bluetooth daughter board with the one from my wive's x61T, just to make sure it's no HW issue.

Is there any other way than going back to XP/Vista (don't own either) + old ThinkVantage ToolBox?

Any suggestions?
Hoov
Kudos: 62
Solutions: 14

Check in the BIOS and make sure the BlueTooth is activated there. If it is not, you will never get it to work.

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com