Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
rvaleja

For Windows 7 - Realtek High Definition Audio Codec (Windows Vista / Windows 7) R2.33 (09/14/2009)

Guys,

I installed "Realtek High Definition Audio Codec (Windows Vista / Windows 7) R2.33 (09/14/2009) today & now my Dolby stereo & Microphone is working normal.

My Y 510 is more or less ready with New OS Windows 7 now.

You can download the same from following link:

http://download.cnet.com/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Codec-Windows-Vista-Windows-7/3000-2120_4-107...

Enjoy & Have Fun

Paper Tape
FBomb

Re: For Windows 7 - Realtek High Definition Audio Codec (Windows Vista / Windows 7) R2.33 (09/14/200

Thanks a million.  I jus installed windows 7 ultimate and was dissappointed that the sound was all jacked up.  This fixed it in a flash.  Thanks again!

Fanfold Paper
jamesD747

Re: For Windows 7 - Realtek High Definition Audio Codec (Windows Vista / Windows 7) R2.33 (09/14/200

[ Edited ]

anyone having problems with their usb ports? I dont think they're being recognized as usb 2.0 ports and therefore getting really slow speeds.

forgot to mention im running windows 7 pro 32bit. on my  y510.

**bleep**, sorry i did a search of the board for windows 7 and y510 and it gave me this. probably put this post in the wrong thread.

Paper Tape
viisva

Re: Y510, Windows 7 first impressions

hi dude thanks for your updates.

i have installed windows 7 in my Lenovo y510.

I installed new version for realtk audio driver and my al speakers fine. I was worried about webcam. i simply installed the same web cam driver which we use for vista , then i opend skype video chat. my web cam was working perfectly.

Also seems like hot keys working fine like play,pause, next, stop and all.even volume key is working but we dont get display of volume inc image bar in screen.

i feel we are almost done with windows 7 for y510 lenovo.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
FiTz

Just successfully got everything to work on my Y510 just as it did when I had Vista. Here are some bumps I encountered that hopefully will help others as there isn't much on the Y510 Win7 upgrade.

First off, all the drivers automatically installed except audio, video (nvidia), Ricoh and the ATK hotkey; plus veriface didn't work. I got the video drivers from the manufacturers website and the audio Realtek from their site as described earlier in the thread. I used the Vista Ricoh driver's from lenovo which worked fine.

For the ATK Hotkey drivers I downloaded the one located on this list - http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/WIN7-BETA.html

VeriFace: To get Veriface to work again you need to get a hold of Veriface v3.6. To do this I actually went to the Ideapad's S10 driver page and downloaded it from there. Besides a new look it works just as it did with Vista.

Feel free to PM with questions but I may not have many answers b/c I didn't really encounter many problems.

Hope this helps!

Note: I am using Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit)

Paper Tape
zlod

I plan on formatting my hard drive and installing Win7. I see in many posts that there are similar driver issues that can be fixed, such as Hi Def audio drivers, etc.

Since Lenovo does not have a driver matrix for the Y510 and Win 7, which drivers are appropriate for the fixes?

What's DOS?
aashish5

i have installed win7 ultimate on my lenovo ideapad y510 775852q.. i havnt installed any drivers yet.. everything is working among wat i need except sound.. anyone plz help me and tell me wat to do.. and do tell me wat else i need to install...

thanx...

What's DOS?
sean2057

this work perfect  thank u all

Paper Tape
Dwalt024

I have a Lenovo Y530 and I just upgraded to Windows 7. I have the new RealTek Audio drver 2.48 however, my machine isn't emitting any sounds. When I look at the status bar for my speakers the green lines light up but there is no sound at all. Help please?

Paper Tape
Dwalt024

I have a Y530 and just upgraded to windows 7 and my sound is not working at all. I downloaded the Realtek Audio driver HD R2.42 from the Realtek site and it still isn't working.

PLease help

thanks