Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
bsevenich

Z61m 9450 HAG upgrading Vista X64 Ultimate to Win 7 X64 Ultimate

Hi @ all,

I'm new in this forum and didn't find satisfying posts for Windows 7-Upgrade.

I'm planning to upgrade my Z61m 9450 HAG from now Vista X64 Ultimate to Windows 7 X64 Ultimate and I'm looking for answers BEFORE crashing my running system ;-) .

Do anyone have any experience to do this (may be also X32 works the same like X64) - especially:

1. Is it possible with a Win 7 RC from MSDN to upgrade (with all installed apps like Office 2007 ...)  without setting up the laptop from scratch?

2. TPM & CSS - I'm using these in conjunction with Password Manager. Works TPM & CSS after upgrading fine? (May be that I have to reset the password for TPM)

3. IMO at this time the support-page from Lenovo doesn't support any Win 7 drivers by using Think Vantage System Update     Does anyone knows, which set of drivers are being used, if I work with TVSU - or must the drivers being installed manually    

(e.g. from http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=WIN7-BETA) ?

4. There are any requirements to fullfill before installing Win7 or sequence conditions while installing drivers and software from  lenovo?

THX for Help

besevenich

Z61m Vista X64 4GB Mem. ATI X1400 320GB HDD
buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 141
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 119

Re: Z61m 9450 HAG upgrading Vista X64 Ultimate to Win 7 X64 Ultimate

Welcome to the forums

It is a better option for you to do a clean install rather than performing an upgrade from vista to windows 7  

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo