Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
km_manivarnan

how to - enable - multi touch - in windows 7 ultimate - for my G560 touchpad

I and my friend have the lenovo G560 laptops. I am running windows 7 ultimate and my friend is running ubuntu 11.04 OS in our laptops.

In Ubuntu: The multi touch is enabled by default for the laptop touch-pad. For vertical scrolling, we can use two fingers to navigate.

In Windows 7 Ultimate: I don't know how to enable this multi-touch feature.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: how to - enable - multi touch - in windows 7 ultimate - for my G560 touchpad

control panel > hardware and sound > mouse > mouse properties > device settings > settings ( if you have synaptic mouse )

if you don't synaptic, check the mouse properties to enable/disable the features you'd like to.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
KatherineYH

Re: how to - enable - multi touch - in windows 7 ultimate - for my G560 touchpad

Multitouch would have to be supported first by the hardware, and next by its driver.
If the support is there, I'd expect you to find options to manipulate its behavior in the Control Panel, either as a custom tab in the 'Mouse' applet, or as a complete replacement for it in the form of a 'Touch' or 'Tablet' or 'Pen' kind of applet.

Guru
ColonelONeill

Even if it's not explicitly supported, try TwoFingerScroll from Google Code. It enables two-finger scrolling on some Synaptics touchpads.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/670/1340, 21GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Paper Tape
km_manivarnan

Yes, the hardware supports multi-touch gesture. i.e. In Ubuntu 11.04, without installing any explicit driver, this multi-touch gesture works fine.

My problem is to find a suitable driver for Windows 7. I tried using some synaptic driver and lenovo's trackpad driver, but no use.

Can somebody help me to find a suitable driver for my lappie ?

Thanks in advance,

-Manivarnan.

Paper Tape
km_manivarnan

Still struggling to use MTG(Multi Touch Gesture) feature ?? Can somebody help me ???