Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
jagadeeshj

windows 7 reinstallation

Hi,

i was given a new laptop Thinkpad T420 with windows 7 from my company last week. I have removed windows 7 and installed ubuntu completely. i was not given any CD with my pack. Is there a way to download the image from the lenovo website by giving the laptop serial no.

Please do the needful.

Regards

Jagadeesh

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: windows 7 reinstallation

[ Edited ]

[edit] Forgot my manners.. Hello and welcome,

No.  But you can download and install Windows 7 and activate using the Windows activation key on the sticker (on the bottom or in the battery bay of your laptop) if you install the same version that originally came with the laptop.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-7-Knowledge-Base/Legal-Resources-for-Downloading-Windows-7/ta-p/...

You may have to call Microsoft to complete the activation.

Once you have the vanilla Windows installed, download and install ThinkVantage Sytem Update from the Lenovo site (use the "SUPPORT" link above.  Use it to download and install the appropriate drivers for your machine.

BTW, you should have burned the recovery DVD set before installing Ubuntu.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество