Support in other languages: 

Trouble connecting to internet (wireless)

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎06-04-2010 by
Modified ‎07-12-2010 by
(9,356 Views)

Trouble connecting to internet (wireless)

Question

Why can’t I connect to the Internet? (wireless network)

Answer

If your computer is having problems connecting to the Internet, or to other computers on a network, try using one of the networking troubleshooters to fix the problem.   These steps may be most applicable if you have configured your network connections through the native Windows 7 features rather than through the use of Lenovo's Access Connections.

You can run the Network troubleshooter first to see if it can help diagnose and solve your problem. Open the Network troubleshooter by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area, and then clicking Troubleshoot problems.

You can also run the Internet Connections troubleshooter by:

1. Clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel.
  2. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
  3. Under Network and Internet, click Connect to the Internet.

For more troubleshooting help, see Why can’t I connect to the Internet?

If your computer is having problems connecting to the Internet, or to other computers on a network, try using one of the networking troubleshooters to fix the problem.

Comments
by Community Moderator on ‎01-16-2011 10:23 AM
by larry1946 on ‎02-12-2012 01:29 PM

<p>I have an S10-3 Win 7. I have installed a Virgin Mobile Broadband to Go program and when I try and connect I get the Broadband to go error message &quot;the system could not update the phone book file&quot; I have been round and round with Virgin Mobile's customer services, thay say to contact Lenovo</p><p>Can anyone help?</p><p>Thanks in Advance Larry</p><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div> </div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

by RErickson ‎06-02-2014 08:23 AM - edited ‎06-02-2014 08:25 AM

I use my E545 in two locations; on a DSL Wifi connection and also off of a satellite internet with Wifi connection. I have few problems with the DLS setup but am experiencing a lot of connection issues with the satellite one. Most of the messages are "Reset before connection with server" or "Cannot connect to website. Check address." I  expect that the satellite connection is slower than the DSL but it would seem that a connection should be made in a reasonable period of time. Is anyone out there on satellite and experiencing similr problems? If so, do you have any solutions?

Contributors