06-17-2012 07:25 AM
Hello guys. When you try to activate BitLocker on your Windows 8 PC you'll possibly see a message like this
"You must enable "require additional authentication at startup" feature to use BitLocker feature in systems which has no TPM support"
or whatever it is...
Here is the path to solve this problem.
1. Press "Windows+R" at the same time on your keyboard to start the Run command line.
2. Type "gpedit.msc" and click OK.
3. A new window will be opened.
4. Click on Administrative Templates under Computer Configuration
5. Double Click on Windows Components in the right window.
6. Double Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption.
7. Double Click on Operating System Drives.
8. Double Click on Require Additional Authentication at Startup
9. A new window will be opened.
10. Click "Enabled"
11. Click OK and close the window.
Now you are ready to use BitLocker for your drives.
12. Right Click on C or any drive in Computer folder.
13. Choose Turn On BitLocker
14. Follow the Steps.
Result: You dont have to worry about your data anymore because they cannot be seen by anyone though you share them with all the world!
02-07-2013 07:50 AM
"BitLocker Drive Encryption is only available in Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Enterprise editions."