Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
glarson7

LT1421 with Windows 8

Are there any known issues on getting the ThinkVision LT1421 monitor to work with Windows 8? Since the 'blue' side of the OS is just a newer version of Win7 I would think there would be no problems, but it is not working for me.

I installed the drivers in Windows 7 compatability mode.

Greg

Lenovo Employee
rodrigomancilla

Re: LT1421 with Windows 8

I would suggest you visit the DisplayLink website, since this monitor uses that controller's drivers, they should have info about Windows 8 compatibility.
What's DOS?
4fission

Same problem here with the LT1421 and Windows 8.  Doesn't work with Release Preview either.  Was there any resolution here?

What's DOS?
4fission

Nevermind, just resolved it.  The beta drivers on DisplayLink website fix it.

http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

Lenovo Employee
rodrigomancilla

Hi,

I'm glad you found the correct driver. Lenovo has not released Win 8 yet so all the drivers (beta) are posted directly DisplayLink.

Please let us know if you have any other questions,

Rod

What's DOS?
jelinbra

Re: LT1421 with Windows 8 issues

Hey guys,

My screen worked great with Mac Os and windows 7 but on Windowns 8 it will not cooperate.  A few times it has worked for 5-10 minutes but it always ends up flashing over and over until I disconnect it.  I've tried getting all the newest drivers and it's still not working.  I'm frustrated and at a loss with it right now.  Any ideas?

What's DOS?
rhawkins5205

[ Edited ]

I am also having issues with the LT1421 on windows 8.  I loaded the latest drivers from Displaylink.  The monitor turns on, but the system hangs.  I tried both my USB 2 and USB 3 ports with the similar results.

I am using an HP Folio.  The screen work fine on my windows 7 systems.

Lenovo Employee
rodrigomancilla

Hi,

I will find more info about this, HP Folio uses a Core i5 processor so unlikely a situation that would be related to processor capability. 

Let me follow up with our tech support and will post an answer soon.

Lenovo Employee
rodrigomancilla

Follow up to these issues ... are you using Windows 8.1?

DisplayLink has reviewed the info and suggested that you use driver version 7.4 that can be downloaded directly from their website.

What's DOS?
JD79

Helix Machine type 3697-CTO

I installed the LT1421 drivers from Lenovo.  The monitor worked OK but many apps would start and show only a blank blue screen.  I then uninstalled the drivers, the apps were OK.  I installed the version 7.4 drivers and the monitor was non-responsive (blank screen, no images or colors).

Finally, did a windows 8 'Refresh' and installed the version 7.4 drivers from display link.  Everything seems to work OK now.