Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Lenovo support for Windows 8

[ Edited ]

Lenovo will announce details of Windows 8 support at the time of its general availability.

This board is for adventurous community members running pre-general availability versions of Windows 8 to share their experiences.

Enjoy!

Update 23rd August 2012: Community member betatesterpc spotted the Lenovo Windows 8 Resources page :smileyhappy::

www.lenovo.com/support/windows8

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Fanfold Paper
quantumcross

Re: Lenovo support for Windows 8

Thanks for throwing up a board! I can't wait for some proper (beta) drivers!

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

you won't see beta drivers for awhile lenovo didn't release 7 beta drivers until 7 was released if I remember right

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
Token Ring
orion9727

for beta drivers it has to be in beta.

win 8 is not in beta yet.

it is in design mode and that well means pretty much not any real driver surport as hardware makers are not going to push hard until they have a semi finished product.

i think we see a beta 1 prelease sometime in the winter beta1 general release in the spring.

ms normally releases first to those who worked on beta products in the past then when they got enough feedback it a general release.

i have not got my invite yet so that means it still in design.

pc makers get a preview so they know what there looking at.

i think that a ivy bridge era.

my experence with beta is that there wont be much hardware surport for graphics,sound however most should work that do work well with win 7 and are new.

dont expect any sort of surport for 5-10 year old tech.

there was no such in xp nor in vista even after  the RC.

so if your pc is new then it run fine but you wont have advanced surport like the added software of the hardware.you just have base windows drivers for commen hardware.

i am sure lenovo has a pre beta but am also sure they cant discus it.normally pc makers are very tight liped about upcomming tech and they generally post info based on milestone events in a press package.

the way a new software runs is there a prelease beta,then a beta 1 that released to non public,beta 2,mayby a 3 not allways because there are builds and also who get hold of a beta first.then a release canidate 1 mayby 2-those are general public pretty much anyone can try there hand at it thats when driver start to come together with the software that gose along with it like in the case of win 7 it was ati surport for aero on most products.

win 7 was pretty good as vista went x64 and xp before that.

xp was hard and xp x64 was murder infact it was of no help to vista at all and pretty much died because vendors refuse to surort it.

bottom line is vendors must do there part and to be honest i dont see that happening in the climate no with a glut in the market and poor sales and alot of unkowns in europe and even china.

there a huge worldwide ressesion that was not there durning xp or vista and 7.

i would think there be the lest suort of all for older tech and non commen.

Token Ring
orion9727

new on the street jan beta.
see you all then.
Fanfold Paper
kaybischoff

Do you like Win8?

GMAC-R60

sorry orion > Microsoft on Tuesday confirmed that it will release a public beta of Windows 8 in late February, 2012.
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9222470/Microsoft_slates_Windows_8_beta_for_late_February_201...

Regards,
GMAC
goretsky
Topics: 19
Kudos: 364
Solutions: 144

Hello,

I am finding the new interface takes a little getting used to.  It is important to keep in mind, though, that we are talking about a pre-beta operating system.  I am sure there will be additional changes and refinements as more releases occur.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

kaybischoff wrote:

Do you like Win8?

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
S230u (3347-4HU)X220 (4286-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)T61p (6459-CTO)T43p (2678-H7U)T42 (2378-R4U)T23 (2648-LU7)
de.gif  Deutsche Community es.gif  Comunidad en Español ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Token Ring
hwso1129

Windows 8 Developer Preview was pretty disappointing for me.

The Metro UI is pretty hard to get used to and use, as I don't have built in tablet features.

I just wrote a review (about 1,000 words and 9 pictures) to express my opinion on the Lenovo Forum, but the whole thing was gone after I tried to post it and the "authentication failed" message appeared and trolled me. :smileysad:

GMAC-R60

you know you can turn off metro then it works like 7
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-8/how-to-disable-metro-in-8/td-p/541389/jump-to/first-unread-mes...

Regards,
GMAC