• Wifi
  • Ethernet

• Pen
  • - Pressure Sensitivity
  • - Eraser
  • - Pen button

• Ultranav driver
  • - Trackpoint
  • - Middle button scrolling (Including metro, scroll left and right works as well)

• Tablet Button driver
  • - Screen rotation

• Power Management driver
  • - Power Utility

Not Working:

• ?????

Not Tested:

• Touchpad (I have it disabled via BIOS)

I'll add anything if I have any problems.

I should add that installing over windows 7 created issues with multi-touch, pen, and everything ran dog slow until I did a "reset" (basically fresh install) from the settings.

What's DOS?
caronben

Re: Lenovo x200t Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Hi ! 

Could you tell me how did you get the screen rotate button to work ??

Thank you

Ben.

Token Ring
bladebarrier

If you see this:

Any chance you would mind testing the trackpad for a moment, bluetooth (if installed), and audio (in and out)? 

It sounds like everything else is working for you.

Any software issues with microsoft office, or other typical programs like Adobe Reader, Norton Internet Security, or any other software you may have tried?

Blue Screen Again
wisty

Re: Lenovo exact Windows 8 Consumer Preview

To add to the thread.

I have just installed the 64 bit CP version of Win 8 on my X200T (250G SSD, 4G memory)from a bootable USB stick.

I created 30G of unallocated space and installed it there rather than over the top of Win 7. I have a small problem  in that I see two boot managers depending which partition was active. The C drive changes depending on the  active system.  I think a reinstall is going to be needed.

Trackpad works fine

Buttons work fine ( and can be customized) using the Win7 drivers.

Fingerprint Login works. It didn't at first, saying I had no fingerprint manager - so I installed the Lenovo V4 password  manager. That didn't work (it can't see the fingerprint reader)  but an AuthenTec True Suite Starter popped up, allowed me to register fingers and made Windows logon work with fingerprints. I don't know if  the v4 password manager has the AuthenTec Suite embedded or if it was coincidentally downloaded from MS Update.

Audio works fine. At first it only worked through the headset, but not the speakers. Going into Win 7 and "unmuting" the audio made it work in Win 8 - something sticky in the hardware that the driver didn't deal with?

Touch is fine except that the "press and hold" right click doesn't work on the metro interface . Interestingly it does bring up the right click menu on the traditional desktop. Samsung have apparently issued a driver update for the same problem. Right click with the stylus is fine on Metro & Desktop.

Boot times are excellent.

The new handwriting TIP is fantastic. As big an improvement over WIN 7 as it was over XP. Recognition out of the box is superb.

Not sure I like the Metro interface - time will tell ( I already use Lenovo's SimpleTap which I find handy)

I can't get Bluetooth to work, it doesn't even appear in device driver.

I have installed the  F3507G drivers from Win7 - they installed OK, but I can't find any way to turn the device on, and so don't know if GPS works.

Will update further as I get time to play.

Blue Screen Again
wisty

Update,

I installed the Win7 64 bit function keyys, and that allowed me access  Fn+F5 to wireless controls.

Turning on Bluetooth there allowed installation of the Win7 Bluetooth package - and it is now there. Not yet tested.

The same install allowed me to turn on the F3507G, but  I can't get the GPS to play - but then I can't get it to play properly on Win 7 either.

Punch Card
Blue_Frog

Token Ring
bladebarrier

I use the ones for the X220T from that link, though they removed the video drivers (they weren't listed as being for the X220T anyways).

Intel is supposed to be releasing video drivers for Win 8 sometime in May, but until then there are hacked drivers available on the internet to get you by. I have a few issues with them, but in general Win 8 runs really well for me.

Paper Tape
yufumin

I installed Tablet Button 2 version 1.06 (7wgl16ww.exe) & it works fine for me :-)

Quote:

Could you tell me how did you get the screen rotate button to work ??