Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
junhc83

U400 Touchpad not disabling after Windows 8 consumer preview installation

The u400 touchpad used to disable when i pressed the f6 key.  However, once i installed the Windows 8 consumer preview, the touchpad stopped disabling.  I installed the newest driver (the one released Feb 8) and still have no luck.  They funny thing is, when i press f6, a sign appears on the lower right corner that shows a disabled touchpad (touchpad with a line across it).  However, the touchpad still functions.

This is a pretty big issue for me since I find it nearly impossible to type comfortably without the touchpad being disabled.  (For example, my cursor jumped 5 times when typing this post)  I am sure I am not the only one with this problem.  Please help!  Worse comes to worst, i will reinstall windows 7, but if there is anyway to fix this problem, please let me know.

Paper Tape
clifgaus

Re: U400 Touchpad not disabling after Windows 8 consumer preview installation

I didn't have exactly this issue but wanted to permanently disable but that was not going to be easy. Mine was hypersensitive and totally messed up any keyboard work. I called tech support and they installed new software to lessen the sensitivity but now when I push F6 key to disable, the icon you described keeps popping up every keystroke. These Lenovo guys are just useless and so sorry I bought this computer.  

What's DOS?
junhc83

Re: U400 Touchpad not disabling after Windows 8 consumer preview installation

I'm sorry to hear that.  Right now I'm waiting for Lenovo to send me the reformat cd's.  I'm back to my old dell laptop for now.