Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
bladebarrier
Accepted Solution

X220T Windows 8 Video Driver

Is there any reason why the Win 8 beta driver for intel graphics is available for almost every model except the X220 series? 

I realize that there are drivers available through Windows update, but I'm not sure they have the full range of functionality as the Lenovo one. Certain programs such as bluestacks state that the newest driver available through Windows update do not meet requirements (possibly Open GL related).

Thank you,

--bb

Token Ring
bladebarrier

Re: X220T Windows 8 Video Driver

Sorry to bump my own post, but I resolved my issue with alternative measures. 

Intel dropped the ball on this one by pushing inadequate drivers to Windows update, so you have to disable it from auto-installing at will, and manually select the drivers that work better. People are hacking the beta Lenovo drivers for all sorts of manufacturer's that use Sandy Bridge graphics, but I found them to have issues as well.

Fortunately Microsoft was kind enough to include working ones for us, as long as you dig through and find them in the list.

Serial Port
gazurtoid

Can you point me to where you can download this driver?   All I want to do is rotate my screen but the hardwired button on the x220t won't do anything. 

Token Ring
bladebarrier

Actually, there's an official driver released by Intel out now for the graphics, but that's not what rotates the screen.

To be honest, I'm having issues with my hotkeys lately as well. I didn't have any problems the first time I tried out Win 8 (before deciding to stick with it), but the second go I've had no luck getting some of the buttons to work. Some do, some don't. That one is not working for me either.

The drivers should be the tablet buttons driver, but I can't sort out why they're not taking when they were fine before.

If I find a solution I will post it back here.
Token Ring
bladebarrier

Here you go: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/7wgl13ww.exe

I guess I forgot to install that one. Under drivers for the X220 Tablet, it's listed under display, Thinkpad Tablet Driver II. Works like a charm.