Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SGD
Paper Tape
SGD

Re: Windows 8 drivers

GMAC-R60 wrote:
the 7 driver for tablet button worked on my x61t

X61T and X200T/X201T/X220T seem to have different drivers and different hardware.

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 353
Solutions: 238

I got it to install on an X41 tablet and everything works except for the graphics driver which I had to force 7 to install, so I didn't think it would work on 8.  

I had no Aero on 7, but I actually have some transparency on 8.  WEI won't finish coz of the graphics, but the apps open and the windows 8 generic graphics driver actually doesn't do too bad.

I can see the influence that the windows phone had on this.  I kinda like it.

Tablet buttons work, I got a German fan control working, core temp works as a gadget.  

I put it over a Lenovo preload and R&R will still recover to xp, it works.

The only drivers I had to load were the sound and the power management driver, hotkeys don't work. TVSU doesn't work, but I didn't think it would, Windows 8 found everything else and everything else works okay, I'm typing on it now.

Dave 

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
SGD
Paper Tape
SGD

[ Edited ]

topmahof wrote:

I got it to install on an X41 tablet

hotkeys don't work.

On X220T, hotkeys sometimes work and sometimes do not.  Depending on subsequent drivers/program installation.  They work immediately after initial installation, but broken afterwards.

The same happened with hotkeys when first beta versions of Windows 7 arrived, until Lenovo fixed the drivers.  Thus, waiting for Lenovo...

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

@SGD X61T and X200T/X201T/X220T seem to have different drivers and different hardware

yeah I know I was saying the 7 drivers worked for me so you might try them for your system the tablet shortcut menu driver worked for me so you might try it its the same for your system have not tried any thinkvantage software yet

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
topmahof

Has anybody tried to put tpfancontrol on it yet?

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
SGD
Paper Tape
SGD

[ Edited ]

On X220T: when I shutdown and then boot, hotkeys does not work.  When I restart, it hangs and I power it off with the power button. Booting after that, hotkeys work!

Hotkey driver behavior is real weird.

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

topmahof wrote:
Has anybody tried to put tpfancontrol on it yet?

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
topmahof

Alright, tpfancontrol works.  Thanks. 

I just put K-lite on it although it stuck about 25 apps on the wall doing it.  But it works and I can watch movies again.

My gps program works good even in 3d, it used to bluescreen in 7.

Maliha, we're going to have to coin a new term, Green Screen.  That even sounds better than bluescreen. 

The instructions say to burn the image to a dual layer dvd.  I didn't, I just burned it to a regular ol dvd, 4.7Gb. I let it format the C drive and it didn't touch the recovery partition. I put it back to factory just to test it and it worked, then I reinstalled 8 on C:.  

I think Windows has finally come of age with this 8.

Dave

Ctrl-Alt-Del
sis649

Re: X220T: Windows 8 drivers

At first I can't install Hotkey driver for X220T as well, then I tried compatibility mode, it helped, there are 5 items installed:
- On Screen Display
- FullScreen Magnifier
- System Interface Driver
- Display Utility
- AutoScroll Utility

However, the hotkeys (like Fn+F5 to turn on wireless) are still not working, but volume and sleep (Fn+F4) button works.

lenovo36

topmahof

Re: X220T: Windows 8 drivers

[ Edited ]

sys649,

I finally got Hotkeys to work.  Did what you did and I also ran it as administrator.  Volume controls work, Brightness works, Fn+F5 works for wireless, (I don't have bluetooth in this x41T),  Sleep works, F2 quick computer lock works.

I rebooted twice, installed Adobe reader, rebooted again, and everything still works.

Do your brightness keys work?

Dave

Edit:  After 4 reboots, Fn+F5 quit working, F2 quick computer lock quit working, F4 sleep key quit, I still have volume and brightness.  I guess anything beats a blank, right?

Edit again:  Everything started working again, All the Fn keys work with the on screen display.   wireless, quick lock, volume control, brightness, sleep works.