Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
sis649

Re: X220T: Windows 8 drivers

topmahof,

Just installed the latest Adobe reader 10.1.1, no go.

Brightness keys is working without on screen display, same as audio level adjusting.

Paper Tape
nrmberry

I have just installed Windows 8 on my Lenovo Thinkpad x220t, and unfortunately the touch is not working.  It was installed after using a perfectly functioning Windows 7 for several months.  Has anyone else had this problem?

This is a video that shows exactly what is hapenning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaoJYS6mtBE&feature=youtu.be

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 354
Solutions: 238

Hi nrmberry,

Here is your driver matrix.  You could try installing your multitouch driver.  How does the pen work?  I couldn't tell from the video.

Keep in mind that this is still Pre-Beta.  There are no proper drivers yet.  Nobody is going to modify any of their programs yet.  At least until the beta comes out.

You'll find that some programs will work, others, well, not so well.  We're all experimenting here.  I'm just surprised that it runs at all on my old x41t.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
nrmberry

Thank you for the link Dave.  I will see if those drivers help. The digitizer pen works great by the way, it is only the touch screen that is finnicky.

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 354
Solutions: 238

Yeh, it looks like it functions, just not quite up to par.  

How's your sound volume?  I saw another thread here for an x220 that the sound worked, it was just very low volume.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
quantumcross

I had the same issue when I tried to upgrade win 7 to win 8 consumer preview. It worked fine after I went into the settings and "reset" the system (basically reformat/fresh install).
SCSI Port
Genghis7777

Re: Windows 8 drivers

I've got a X60T multitude as well. Were there any tricks to getting it going? Does W8 recognise all bezel buttons, Thinkvantage button and fingerprint scanner etc? Thanks in advance.

------

Hand written on my ThinkPad X60 Tablet

--------
T60 Tablet; T60 Widescreen; T60; T40; 701C; 3 x Apple Newton MP2100; 2 x HP 200LX
Punch Card
Blue_Frog

Again,

Here are the Windows 8 Beta Drivers Lenovo has released so far.  They update this page frequently with new Win 8 drivers or updates to the ones they already had.  Lots of tablet driver on here, new bios, etc.

This page has been around for quite a long time, but the links to it seem to keep getting deleted from the forums, bookmark it before this post gets deleted and check the page for updates once a week or so.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=HT072084

-Blue Frog

Token Ring
bladebarrier

Also hit Intel's site if you have onboard intel graphics (like the HD3000 in my X220T). 

Lenovo initially had Intel drivers in the Win 8 beta section but has seems to have pulled them (probably because they were crap). 

If you try to go through Intel's site directly to find the latest ones you may have a tricky time, but some basic googl'ing will get you there. The latest ones seem to run quite well for me, and fixed certain issues I was having with flash rendering, as well as opengl support. Using them I can fully run modern games like Diablo 3 and FIFA 12, as well as everything else I've thrown at it, however nobody should expect that the HD3000 chipset is suddenly any better than a bare minimum type of graphics device, and most graphics intensive programs will need to be turned down to minimum settings and the fan will need to be cranking pretty hard.

Anyways, I thought I would share that, because the Intel graphics drivers that Windows 8 updater finds are significantly worse than manually installing the latest ones provided directly from Intel's site.

What's DOS?
maiksid