Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
shmish
Accepted Solution

multitouch usability and Windows 8?

Hello,
I had a Lenovo x201t with multitouch screen (which had to be returned).  I found that I did not use the touch aspect very much, so when I buy a new tablet PC I will probably save the $300 and not get it again.

However, I was thinking that with Windows 8 coming up, not getting the multitouch screen could be short-sighted.  This is probably a long-shot, but has anyone heard of tests done with multitouch tablet pc screens and Windows 8?  The actual touch experience of the Lenovo multitouch screen is significantly different from those of tablets such as the iPad or Playbook, and it's not clear to me if the Lenovo x201t could effectively leverage the Windows 8 UI.  Any idea if my experience with the x201t multitouch is a result of the W7 OS, or the hardware itself.

My multitouch experience was that swiping was not very sensitive and the precision of the touch wasn't great (not calibration, but tolerance so to speak).  Most times I used touch, I had to try multiple times to get the action I anticipated.

thanks

SGD
Paper Tape
SGD

Re: multitouch usability and Windows 8?

[ Edited ]

X201T is one of the 7 devices Windows 8 is developed on (yet another been X220T).  Thus, I think everything will be OK with Windows 8 on X201T.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/09/13/experiencing-windows-8-touch-on-windows-7-hardware.asp...

Fanfold Paper
shmish

Thanks,

s
SGD
Paper Tape
SGD

[ Edited ]
Guru
ColonelONeill

Again, this is a "Developer Preview". It comes with all sorts of warnings such as:

"You may lose any and all of your data. Backup your drive before installing the Developer Preview."
"The DP is not necessarily representative of final product quality and reliability. The final product will not eat all of the sugar cubes for your coffee, but we can't guarantee that the DP won't."
"Install in a virtual machine unless you want play Russian roulette with your data."
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/670/1340, 21GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase