Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
svg8265

Audio drivers

Hi, I am not able to install audio drivers for Win XP on my G470 laptop. When I try to install the driver using the installation file downloaded from Lenovo website (IN1AUD37WW1.exe) it gives the error 'No matching audio device found'. What could be the reason?
buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 141
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 119

Re: Audio drivers

Venu

You can try un-installing the Audio device from the Device manager section,reboot your laptop and try to install that driver again.

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
What's DOS?
svg8265

No effect. the problem remains.
802.11n
pagroundhog

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Could you please give us a little more background information regarding how this problem surfaced. Was the audio working fine and then all of a sudden it just stopped? Do you have an exclamation point against the driver in the device manager? Is the driver identified as an audio device or is is just labeled as "other (e,g, unknown)?" Were you trying to reinstall windows? etc,etc.

Also, how old is your G470 and, if applicable, how long did the audio work before it stopped working?

And, I have to assume that you are using the original Conexant onboard audio; correct?

What's DOS?
svg8265

Hi pagroundhog. Thanks for your concern. My G470 is about 1 month old. The on board sound used to work Ok until I had to format and reinstall Win XP due to a serious rootkit problem. I downloded all the drivers from the website and installed them all one by one. But I was not able to install the sound driver IN1AUD37WW1. Now my device manager shows 3 devices under Other devices with yellow question marks against them namely PCI Device PCI Simple Communications Controller Unknown device Since I get no audio, I presume that at least one of these is the Sound device. Hope I am clear now.
802.11n
pagroundhog

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Yes; your circumstances are very clear now so let's do the following:

Boot into your bios and reset it to all default values (then make sure the onboard audio is turned "on")

Exit bios and continue booting into windows.

Install/reinstall your Intel Chipset drivers.

Reboot

Go into the add/remove programs and make sure there are no installed references to you audio; if so, delete them.

Go into the device manage and try to uninstall/remove everything with an exclamation point against it.

Reboot

Let Windows xp rediscover what it can and now try to install your audio drivers/software.

Reboot (Hopefully you'll hear the windows startup sounds)

Let us know.

802.11n
pagroundhog

Hello original poster,

Did you ever get the answer you were looking for and/or get your issue resolved?

Please let us know.

Your feedback is important to the community.

Paper Tape
zhenningx

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with my G470 and XP installation. No audio device can be found. I tried all your suggestions with no help.

Btw, there is no place in BIOS to set the onboard audio.

Any suggestions?

thanks.

Paper Tape
zhenningx

Update: I just resolved this issue by installing XP SP3. After install SP3 and reboot, the system prompts that the audio device is found. Then I can install the audio driver successfully.